looking for opinions on tuning

bigorange

hey guys i'm looking for opinions on how to make some more power. so heres the thing I've made 727hp on fuel and egt's were at 1400 on a dyno but after about 10sec. the egt's started to drop and the hp stayed at 725-727hp , I went to august blackout and hooked to the sled and made a good pull other than foot sliping of clutch about 10ft in but any way I pulled at wot at 3500rpm and boost was at 70psi rail pressure was at 26k and egt were at 1000* and that is were i'm woundering how to get more fuel I ran smarty 170hp on 9 tq/m 4, timing 3, rail 1 , ts mp8 was at 75-80 % I'm runnig every thing in my sig so any tips would be great thanks. shane oh on a side note I've tryed the tntr tune but it made alot of rattel and didn't feel as strong but will be giving it anothere try on a dyno to see if my seat of pants meter is off .

hey guys i'm looking for opinions on how to make some more power. so heres the thing I've made 727hp on fuel and egt's were at 1400 on a dyno but after about 10sec. the egt's started to drop and the hp stayed at 725-727hp , I went to august blackout and hooked to the sled and made a good pull other than foot sliping of clutch about 10ft in but any way I pulled at wot at 3500rpm and boost was at 70psi rail pressure was at 26k and egt were at 1000* and that is were i'm woundering how to get more fuel I ran smarty 170hp on 9 tq/m 4, timing 3, rail 1 , ts mp8 was at 75-80 % I'm runnig every thing in my sig so any tips would be great thanks. shane oh on a side note I've tryed the tntr tune but it made alot of rattel and didn't feel as strong but will be giving it anothere try on a dyno to see if my seat of pants meter is off .

That does not sound too much different than most 05ers. Was not aware that the 170 tune ran up to 3500/
Give me a call if you like/
Rob

Bigger Fluxes? :D Look like you have the turbo(s) to handle them.

Which version Smarty tune are you running? What kind of boost were you seeing on the dyno? Comparable to the boost you see on the street? If not, see if there's a way to get it loaded on the dyno more. It seems like your numbers should be higher, you've got all the right supporting mods. I was able to get to 720hp with a 62/71/13SS over an S474 with Flux 2's. I bumped up to 776hp (Smarty only) with larger DDP 200hp injectors and an S480 underneath. I'd think you should be seeing 800+ with the Smarty TNT tune as long as you're getting close to street boost.

Jared

Is there that big of a differance in tuning between the '05 trucks and the '06 trucks? I also feel like you should be seeing some bigger numbers. My cam, intercooler, and head are all oem. I've made my numbers using TNT-r, Sw-7, timing 3, rail pressure 3, torque management 3, high rpm's, mp-8 at 60 to 65%, and a little water. How did your graph look?

Which version Smarty tune are you running? What kind of boost were you seeing on the dyno? Comparable to the boost you see on the street? If not, see if there's a way to get it loaded on the dyno more. It seems like your numbers should be higher, you've got all the right supporting mods. I was able to get to 720hp with a 62/71/13SS over an S474 with Flux 2's. I bumped up to 776hp (Smarty only) with larger DDP 200hp injectors and an S480 underneath. I'd think you should be seeing 800+ with the Smarty TNT tune as long as you're getting close to street boost.

Jared

I'm running smarty revo, on the dyno I was seeing 78psi my truck build boost with no problem

That does not sound too much different than most 05ers. Was not aware that the 170 tune ran up to 3500/
Give me a call if you like/
Rob

hey I was woundering about that 2 but when I started pulling I was at 3500rpm I let off and slowed down and then got back in to it and picked up speed so I just held it to the floor , and back when it was bone stock my truck would rev up to 3500rpm when I was banging through gears, so I don't no?

I'll give you a call tomorrow rob.

Is there that big of a differance in tuning between the '05 trucks and the '06 trucks? I also feel like you should be seeing some bigger numbers. My cam, intercooler, and head are all oem. I've made my numbers using TNT-r, Sw-7, timing 3, rail pressure 3, torque management 3, high rpm's, mp-8 at 60 to 65%, and a little water. How did your graph look?

the graph went up then then just held at 725-725hp , and like I said we did a 18sec. run and it held at 725-727 for the full pull and the egts went up to 1400* and then cooled off to 1275* so I think I need more fuel up top. and I think that flux 5.1 are pretty big

Back