Looking for some advice on a 2wd puller.

Yeah, that's why I didn't hook it up. I gotta get the lift pump deal worked out first though. I don't think I'm going back with that pump. I'll probably get a fuel lab or aeromotive.

Just thought of something, don't bigger injectors retard timing? The injectors I put in are 5x20's ~400% bigger than stock. That could be where the retardation is coming from. I may just bite the bullet and rip the front cover off and advance the timing.

Not really but bigger injectors like more timing. I don't think that will explain your pop though.

Bigger injectors don't have anything to do with your timing.The light color smoke looks like raw fuel.That's one reason why I think the timing is close to 0 are after.
There are different key ways in the gear.
Dale

I took the old pump off, turned the new pump to the same position as the old one, reinstalled. it did the same popping with the Intercooled pump, so It could have been wrong. the old pump had been off, there was an aftermarket gasket on it, and the timing had been bumped. I know I need to advance the timing, I want to get the fuel system worked out first though.

You may have installed it wrong ans smashed the key into the gear. Happens quite often.

I'm going to email the manufacturer in a minute, and if they won't do anything I'll take it apart and try to fix it. if they will replace it I will have it running once the new one arrives.

Manufacturer of that pump is a bunch of homos, anyways bought an airdog II 165, got it running, turbo wasn't lighting, grabbed an ht3b, and slapped it on, didn't test anything, stuck it on a trailer and went to the pull, was doing good in the pits, but went to go to the track and it died, jumped it off and went to the track, I think my new battery is junk, I'm not having any luck. lol anyways, I have a video of it, it seems to run great when the battery is charged, so I think the battery is dying, and not allowing the airdog to pump enough fuel, taking the junk battery back, and I'm going to go with a dual battery setup.

Here video
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlFAtAc-QDo"]jeff city ffa pull. - YouTube[/ame]

Looks like your def getting plenty of fuel... Get ya a good batt in there to keep the AD happy and double check your IP timing... Bring that thing to Temple Hill , KY this sat and we will play with it... :poke:

that sounded more like a straight piped gasser... get the timing fixed :D

I'm planning changing the timing. I have to pull the pump again. I never got around to locktighting the front seal, and I'm making oil.

Both lol... The shop is in Edmonton, Ky and the pull is in Temple Hill, ky.... about 30 minutes drive in between.

oh, I doubt I'll bring the truck, is the pull pretty big? Also My cousin has decided to sell his HT60, zero shaft play. does anyone want it?

Back