Looking for some new ideas....

longhorn859

Brap.
I am having some issues with my 2007.5 and could use some fresh brain cells.

I was trying to track down the reason my cab lights and right fender lights flashed with my right turn signals so I thought it had to be in the tipm. I put in a different tipm that I had laying around with no change.

I then went through the entire wiring harness thinking there was a short in it and didn't find anything. Let it sit overnight and came back the next day to work on it some more with no bus and no way to communicate with any modules through obd2.

I took it to the dealer to see if they could flash the tipm thinking that it went into some sort of anti-theft mode and they said they couldn't do anything with no bus. Went through and unplugged all the modules on the wiring diagram that involved canbus with no change. When I got back from the dealer I pulled the abs module plug out and noticed it had a couple bent pins but fixed it and it didn't change anything.

Continuity is fine from the obd2 to tipm and from tipm to engine harness plug on firewall.

I am sure I am forgetting some things but that is the gist. I also unplugged the harness by the drivers side control arm to isolate the issue being forward of that.

I tried several different ecm's tipm's and crap we have laying around with no change.

Help???

The parents had a 99 Suburban that the radio would quit and it would only come back on when you opened the door. They had it at the dealer more than they drove it and the issue was never fixed. The point is how much time are you willing to waste?

Somehow the turn signal is putting power to the cab lights and fender lights. Check continuity between the two until you find the short. What common hot wires do the fender lights and cab lights share? A quicker method would be to take out the fuse for cab and then fender lights seeing if the problem persists. You could save some time checking continuity that way.

Electrical issues are the reason I'll be sticking with a 2nd gen and a mechanical motor, but I hope I helped you.

Putting power, or supplying ground? Remember dodge is electrical stupid.

Probably one of those deals where you'll screw with it and screw with it, then one day it will work and you'll never know why you lost the bus. LOL

Are you running aftermarket lights? Have you checked the clock spring? Turnsignal switch have an issue?

Back