looking for suspension ideas

Goolsbymd

Not asking what you got or anything just something to help me get started and pick up stuff along the way. Right now I'm running 6" 4 link rize with soft leafs on it and I know it will move way to much so im gonna redo the lift and thinking about either of these for a stock class for my 6.4 ford. Ill mostly be pulling at Elizabeth City, NC at Morgans Corner.

1) Put back on the stock suspension and block it up alittle in back and run jesse's traction bars
2) stock suspension with air bags, still with traction bars
3) Your advice.

I would leave the lift one and make it work, run it solid if you have to. But if your gonna run MC you better have some nitrous or some kind of drug, they get a little ridiculous out there if you want to be competitive.

I dunno if I can block it that hard, its got a lot of movement on it. I been to MC a few times with the driver of the green machine and a few other people. I don't expect to take home anything other than knowledge.

Edit: I wouldn't run nitrous maybe water if I go up in diff. classes.

Id put it back stock, block the rear, some bars and you'll be on your way! Seems that lower trucks hook up better...and not as much strain on the drive shafts ujoints and other suspention parts.

Thats what I was thinking, after lookin through a ton of pictures you don't see to many trucked lifted up. I probaly am gonna block it and get that hitch up there and redo the bars. Now my other problem is redoin wheels/tires. Anyone know if there is a tire limit for stock class in NC area. 35s? Most wheels polished alum? steel? chrome? I would think id get hammered pretty bad with really heavy wheels/tires since the 6.4s tip the scale already

Dont know bout NC rules. Most run alum. wheels to save weight, then ya can put that weight were ya need it... up front!!!

I'll tell you what to do and this is what I am going to do before I go to Morgan's corner, Take your rear lift out and put in f-550 springs. You will still have to block it but not as much as you would with stock leafs. Then full stop blocks also.

Also, Have you looked at lazar smith's traction bars? Especially the monster bars. They aren't that hard to build either. I have built all mine and I think I am going to beef up and make a set similar to the monster bars.

Last edited:
If you think you might want to try the f-550 setup I can get you springs and u-bolts for $300 and also the overload pads if you want them.

I'll tell you what to do and this is what I am going to do before I go to Morgan's corner, Take your rear lift out and put in f-550 springs. You will still have to block it but not as much as you would with stock leafs. Then full stop blocks also.

Also, Have you looked at lazar smith's traction bars? Especially the monster bars. They aren't that hard to build either. I have built all mine and I think I am going to beef up and make a set similar to the monster bars.

hot damn! those Lazar Smith bars are massize!

Garrett

Can you have a solid suspension up there? Alot of classes require 1inch of travel

Back