looking to buy my first diesel. need help

patton53

i found a 2002 ford f250 ext cab short bed 4x4 , it has 273thousand miles on it. truck looks to be in good shae , i was just wondering if that was to manny miles, dosent have any blow by or water leakage that i could see. drives like a new truck. thanks for any advise. Justin western Ky:nail:

i found a 2002 ford f250 ext cab short bed 4x4 , it has 273thousand miles on it. truck looks to be in good shae , i was just wondering if that was to manny miles, dosent have any blow by or water leakage that i could see. drives like a new truck. thanks for any advise. Justin western Ky:nail:

I wouldn't let 273K scare you on a 7.3L. I've seen 474,000 original miles on a 2000 with my own two eyes.

If it runs good and the price is right, go for it.

You might ask which transmission it's on though, if it's an auto :hehe:

Mileage on the 7.3 is not a problem as long as oil been changed regularly, other than the typical wheel bearings, balljoints, etc. kinda stuff which have probably been replaced by now you shouldnt have any trouble where in ky you at?

thanks for the help. it does have an auto trans. i live in tiline Ky. pretty sure i can get the truck for 9000 or a littel les maybe. its on a used car lot but the preves owner is supposed to be calling me so i can see what all has ben done to the truck .

heck that many miles id be worried about the tranny,t-case,steering components... stuff like that. But dont let it scare you when things start to go out just replace them with better parts. Like the tranny i would drive it till it starts to act up then take it to BTS to have a bullet proof one built. I always look for higher mileage trucks when i buy one cause its cheaper, 2 cause i usally like building my own motor so i always plan on pullin the motor and rebuilding it to hold up better.

Back