Looking to learn a thing or two about these trucks

sstockton

Pardon my ignorance but I have a few questions and I will certainly have many more as my following projects progress. I recently aquired a couple of 12v dodges and one of them is going to be donating it's engine to my brother's 96 F250. The 7.3 out of the F250 is slated to be used for a re-power in a '59 F500 that has been in our family since new.

I have been told that if the ECM and PCM are left in the 96 we will be able to run the E4OD without requiring a stand alone transmission controller. Is this true or do we need a PCS controller? The only cummins swap I have done anything with was into a 2000 that was originally a manual and had a PCS controller to run the 4r100.

With that all said, that leaves us without the ECM to run the 7.3 in the '59. However we want to run that with a manual trans. What would need to be done to use the wiring harness from the above mentioned 2000 7.3 manual to run the 96 7.3L engine?

Thanks for any input. I am sure that we will have a lot more questions as time progresses and we start ironing out the details.
Sean

Back