Looking to run 2 external gates

Cozze44

Junkman
Going to run 2 external gates on my setup so I can keep the manifold completely divided. Can anyone suggest a nice gate and sizing with a decent price?

Just ordered two 44mm gates and a BOV from On3... I figured for the price you really can't go wrong. a little over 450 for all of it. From what I read about them, they seem to be pretty good gates.

I'm doing the same thing, I'm just worried that it will be hard to control.
Like they crack open and the turbos fall on their face.

If you keep it divided and gate both sides you can set each wastegate at a slightly different pressure IE 35psi and 40psi to avoid making the secondary charger fall on its face or have control issues. The hx35 only gates 3 cylinders in a stock application so clearly the difference in back pressure is a none issue as far as the engine is concerned. What type of secondary are you going with to warrant keeping it divided out of curiosity.

S363/68/.91 T4 and S477/96/1.10 T6 is the setup i'll be running. I Just like the idea and the benefits of keeping each bank separate.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442068604.701419.jpg
Got the One3 gates, seem to be really nice units. Hopefully they perform good as well.

That's kind of what I'm doing as well. I will just have to space my gates up off of the manifold.

Just a normal steed that you're going to weld flanges on??

Looks great.

I like it! Looks good.

I can't take the credit for this one. My friend is a hell of a welder and fabricator so he took the reigns on this venture!

Just a normal steed that you're going to weld flanges on??

Looks great.

Thats the plan! Gonna put a v band in the hot pipe and make it all so it can be easily removed for whatever reason.

Looks great bud, that's what I am needing to do on mine. keep us posted for sure

You may want to toss a turbo on there if you haven't. I put mine nearly in front of 3 and 4 and had to make some offsets for my gates

I run 2 Turbosmart 45mm gates around my secondary and 1 around the primary. I've also done quite a few with 38mm Turbosmart gates around the secondary on smaller setups. Depends more on the chargers. I always run the high pressure heads though. That way you can tune them with the springs and they are exactly the same. I've also played with mechanical regulators on them. On the Fummins we moved the oil filter. It did fit, I just didn't want the hot pipe that close to it.

E7968993-9641-4CCE-A0BC-26D9ECDBDE9C_zpsuxzdxh87.jpg

63EBA4C6-64C5-4826-945E-D3B50E66537B_zps9ree7afb.jpg

7322A20C-0287-4C5F-9C86-E871ACFF20F8_zpskugmyjv9.jpg

42D52C5F-342D-4631-8010-E034FEBDC641_zps9ovqjzgp.jpg

88489794-1353-4BD6-9489-D17360A2289E_zpshuikor6u.jpg

45109A87-0F11-40E6-BF37-A62A86B2392A_zpszgtrnyij.jpg

The high pressure heads and springs. What pressure can they be set for and how do you regulate them? I am
Interested in gating my manifold charger possible. Thinking 467 and 485

The high pressure heads and springs. What pressure can they be set for and how do you regulate them? I am
Interested in gating my manifold charger possible. Thinking 467 and 485

There is a chart on Turbosmart's website. I usually just start with the 35psi springs and adjust them from there. Tuning gates on a compound setup where the gates dump into the hot pipe takes time. Having pressure on both sides of the gate makes tuning a little more time consuming.

There is a chart on Turbosmart's website. I usually just start with the 35psi springs and adjust them from there. Tuning gates on a compound setup where the gates dump into the hot pipe takes time. Having pressure on both sides of the gate makes tuning a little more time consuming.

I just checked it out looks like it's a few options from 10-35 psi. I assume you need more pressure to hold the gates shut longer.

I have no experience with external gates at all, so this is a good baseline for me to start I suppose. Thank you for the info. Going to be a learning experience for sure.

Back