lopes at start. normal?

cumminss2000

i got a set of 7x.012 injectors and after i installed them when i start the truck it idols normal but as soon as i put it in drive/reverse it lopes, sometimes pretty hard. only does it when i first start out. like if i give some throttle for a couple seconds in drive and stop it idols down normal.

it'll do that if its cold outside. mine does it pretty good now that it's gettting in the 20's

mine does this!!!!!!! i have a set of mach 1.6s and it does it. I think it has to do with how tight the converter is and the injector size, when mine lopes it cycles the lift pump (just like when cranking) like the ecm hasnt realized the truck is idling.

ok that's what i was thinking too cause i have a high stall converter too i just wanted to make sure it wasn't something that needed some attention. thanks

i am not too sure on it being a converter issue. do you still have stock lines and tubes? i know i have read somewhere on here that people run into this issue with bigger lines and tubes.

is this the lope your talking about???

[ame="http://s337.photobucket.com/albums/n373/Chevycummins/?action=view&current=VIDEO0001.mp4"]VIDEO0001.mp4 video by Chevycummins - Photobucket[/ame]

That only lasted about 20 seconds after start up. I would say if all you did was change injectors and it started that, then you would be fine. Does it do it everytime you start it up or just when you fire it up the first time in the morning?

just when i start it up right away in the morning. and it only does it for a little bit too.

Dont worry about it then just give the truck time to warm up and you'll be fine. Once the outside temps come up it should go away.

I can't get the video to work but mine does it when it is cooler outside. When it is in the 20's and 30's it really lopes bad. It tries to die when I put it in gear but once the motor runs for just a bit, all of the lope goes away. Has been this way a while and haven't seen any damage I can blame on it.

I have Mach 8's and a looser converter in mine with an SO pump and stock lines.

Last edited:
Back