Loss of prime when NOT parked facing downhill

blu_by_u

Diesel Head
Since I've completed my P-pump swap, I have had a really tough time with starting my truck if it was parked for any length of time on flat ground or especially facing uphill. Even allowing my Airdog to run for a long time before cranking doesn't seem to help much. I usually have to let the Airdog run, crank for a few seconds with throttle applied, let the Airdog run some more, then crank again and usually it fires up by then.

I suspect that it is because I'm using a Tork Tek high pressure fuel return is not a check-valve at all, only an orifice. I've been shopping around for an in-line check-valve to install in my return line.

Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone have any suggestions for a check-valve?

check your return lines... or you might have an air bubble that hasnt been bled out yet... i gotta fight with mine sometimes... usually trapped air somewhere

I've know vp trucks to act this way after injectors were changed and was told that is was either orings on the connector tube and or a faulty connector tube.

I second the connector tubes and o rings on them. Had a buddy that fought this issue with a 01 vp for about 6 months before I opened it up. Found one iffy tube and replaced the o rings on all 6. Issue never came back.

Back