Lotos Combination TIG/Plasma Cutters

OH_Varmntr

Anyone have any experience with these?

I'd like to start TIG welding, and would also like to buy a plasma cutter. For the money, it seems a good deal.

Warranty: 5 Years (Parts and Labor) (Repair service available even after your warranty is expired, you only need to pay parts and labor, $25/hr, maximum 3 hours).

I'd say that's pretty reasonable! They also have units that can be used with CNC plasma cutting setups. Would that be like a TorchMate?

http://www.uwelding.com/catalog/item/5767045/5638883.htm

Yep. How far are you from Columbus? You're welcome to stop by and try my Longevity. Their service has done everything I've needed so far.

Atleast 3 hours. Thanks for the offer though, I'll check into that unit as well!

Yes. I'm assuming for pipe welders, because I've seen where they TIG the pipe together then go back and fill the rest in with a stick.

Either way, I'd really like to have one.

It's great to have it in the shop. The only bad thing is if you need to go back and forth between TIG and plasma. I added a 3way valve that lets me switch between compressed air and argon and that makes the changeover faster. It's done everything the air-cooled TIG torch can handle. I've blown through 1" rivets with the plasma. Tips don't last long in 1". I've changed the plasma electrode once since January.

So how do you like it? Has it been a good unit for you and how long have you had it?

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

Forgot, mine came from a special on pirate4x4. They run specials during the year, especially around black friday.

www.simadrestore.com
Is what we use, great product and super affordable.

I have a longevity 160 AMP AC/DC all-in-one plasma, tig, stick. I love it, but need more amps on the welding. I have not used the plasma cutter on it as I have a separate plasma cutter. but the tig welder works well. Mine is an older model, and the pulse feature does not work too well, but I have used pulse in the past and I do not like it, so no skin off my back.

My suggestion is go with an everlast or a longevity. Longevity has better customer service from what I have read on numerous internet boards, but both make basically the same product in different casings.

everlastgenerators.com
longevity-inc.com

And if you get one, call them up, say you saw a deal on pirate4x4, and ask for a better price. You can prolly get them to knock 5-10% off the top.

Back