Lots of different transmission issues

Swamp Donkey

I just got this 1998 12v truck running for the first time in 9 years. It has a DTT transmission from at least 10 years ago. Anyway, long story short it has these symptoms. It seems to pop into neutral from 2nd to 3rd. Occasionally it will go out of od and into 3rd. Sometimes it won’t go into od. Basically lots of erratic shifting. Also when I tried using cruise control, the truck would just put the fuel pedal to the floor. Very exciting in the winter. All I have done so far is adjust the TPS to 1.2v and kind of test it with an ohmmeter. I think it is original. I also like 10 years ago put in a 3 position switch. Not sure if this is where problems are coming from. And Bill K sold me this thing to ensure a solid 5v that could be adjusted. Been so long since I did anything with the truck I can’t even remember what it’s for!
Anyway long story short, should I concentrate my efforts on rewiring everything to do with the tps because of alternator signal interference and ground issues?
Replace or delete the tps?
How do I know my pcm is good?
Governor solenoid?

Help

Reading your symptoms, I would guess you have a loss of ground, either for the PCM or the trans.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

The box kondolay sold was a 5V supply buffer to make sure the 5V stayed at a constant 5V instead of rippling +/- of 5V

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Back