Loud Raptor 150

randallp84

I purchased a Raptor 150 in 2008 or 2009 and installed it in my 04.5 and it is quite noisy. It can easily be heard over the engine even at highway speeds INSIDE the cab. I have checked for air leaks and haven't been able to find any. I understand that PureFlow made some changes to the pump in recent years to make it quieter. I helped a friend install one in his '99 Dodge in late 2011 and it is MUCH quieter than mine and it also had the outlet on the front side of the pump when mounted inside the frame whereas the outlet on mine is on the back side.

Is there any possible way we could work something out so I could get one of the newer quieter pumps with the outlet on the front side for a reasonable price? I did send my warranty card in and even called to confirm that you received it.

My dad and I bought 165 pumps for both of our trucks, mine being the '90 and his an '06. Mine is significantly noisier than his. Installation between the 2 trucks was identical. Followed the instructions and filled the filter with fuel. Of course, I don't hear it over my engine but I was expecting it to be damn near silent pulling fuel from a sump.

Back