Lowered Chevy 12v conversion.

chevy_man

Well I figgered ide post up some pictures from my conversion that I recently finished. Im not done building it yet, So any question's, comments or tip's are more than welcome!

Its a 94 Chevy 3500 2wd with the nv4500 5spd.

I put a 95 12v Cummins in it.

First I wanna say a big thanks to my Dad and our friend Jeff that helped me all the way through the conversion!

Now down to business. My goal is 600hp but will still drive it every day.

Last edited:
[ame="http://s1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee466/chevycummins12v/?action=view&current=101_3244.jpg"]Pictures by chevycummins12v - Photobucket[/ame]

See if this works.

I like it. I think some 19.5s would make it even sharper and would let you tuck more.

I like it, my dad used to have a lowered 94 Chevy Dually, like really low, probably as low as you could go without C-notch and special work done, It was red, 4 door, long bed, with a red camper shell, red painted grill and front bumper and rollpan in the rear. Had airbags in the rear so he could drop the rear down even more. Was a cool truck, but was gutless with that old 6.5, could have used a 12v. Would have been a sick truck! I know the interior always was plenty roomy in it.

Ok ya I thought I had it figgered out how to upload them, but i guess not! I'll mess with it more tonight when I have more time. Sorry guys bare with me.

I like it, my dad used to have a lowered 94 Chevy Dually, like really low, probably as low as you could go without C-notch and special work done, It was red, 4 door, long bed, with a red camper shell, red painted grill and front bumper and rollpan in the rear. Had airbags in the rear so he could drop the rear down even more. Was a cool truck, but was gutless with that old 6.5, could have used a 12v. Would have been a sick truck! I know the interior always was plenty roomy in it.

Ya! The 6.5 just didn't cut it haha. And I really like the 4doors! Im just glad mine isnt any lower than it is, Because the oil pan is no more than 3in off the ground, and thats after I lifted the frontend up 1.5 inches!

I would not risk the pan, I would section some out of the depth so it will not drag first. Would be very unfortunate.

Im planning on pulling the engine out in a couple weeks. Fixing a front cover leak and fabing up a oil pan that isnt so deep. Its very nerve racking with it that low, and thats still with about an inch of travel left in the front suspention! Lets just say no one drives my truck but me!

Im thinking about making the pan wider but not as deep so it will still hold quite a bit of oil but wont be so close to the ground.

Nice truck!

My buddy has an older bodystyle 4door dually 2wd chevy thats C notched with bags all the way around. The 22s do make it look pretty sweet!! He has a 12v & nv4500 in it as well. Im pretty sure it will drag frame if he wants it to. I believe it has a shallower pan on it.

Nice truck!

My buddy has an older bodystyle 4door dually 2wd chevy thats C notched with bags all the way around. The 22s do make it look pretty sweet!! He has a 12v & nv4500 in it as well. Im pretty sure it will drag frame if he wants it to. I believe it has a shallower pan on it.

O, that would be cool. You wouldn't happen to have a picture of it would you?

Well im getting ready to pull the engine and tranny out in a couple weeks. Im fixing a front cover leak, and putting new syncro's and a south bend 3600 dual disk with the billet input shaft in it. Anything else you guys would suggest checking/doing while I have everything apart? O and building me a custom oil pan!

Back