Lowering a 2wd

THEKIDFAN

What have some of you done to lower the rear of a 2wd? The truck is a 98 q/c s/b and has no blocks in the rear. TIA

I have the same problem, my options are custom springs with airbags.

Both Hotchkis And Bell Tech Have A Flip Kit And Lower Control Arms Also If You Want To Go With Their Spindle Kit You Can Order The 1500 System Machine Out The Lower Knuckle And Sleeve It To Fit The Ball Joint

I used Lowering Shackles on my truck Should work fine for you.

put rearend on top of your springs in back thats about 4in lower

klincoln said:
put rearend on top of your springs in back thats about 4in lower
That's 6" on a fullsize truck. 4" on a mini truck.

I have belltech shackles and main leaf out lowered it to sit level, and I still tow 7000 with no squat, largest load I've pulled with suspension the say it is....

CPSimpson said:
I have belltech shackles and main leaf out lowered it to sit level, and I still tow 7000 with no squat, largest load I've pulled with suspension the say it is....

Wow, with the main leaf out you can still tow wouldn't have thought that possible. I assume you only did the back, correct? Any chance you have any pics?

I don't have one with my street tires just slicks. I'll get one though and send it to you.

BigBadDodge said:
Oh snap, what are you up to Jeff :)

BBD

LOL, hey Scotty how you been bud it's been awhile hope everyones doin' good!
Momma says her truck needs to go faster and I'm thinking I'd like to get it down alittle then get some tractions bars on it. Since Brad worked the 215 pump over the tires just go up in smoke even in valet :thankyou2: Brad. But I never realiized traction would be such a problem :doh: I'm really thinking we'll just keep the stock 180 injectors :umno:

THEKIDFAN said:
LOL, hey Scotty how you been bud it's been awhile hope everyones doin' good!
Momma says her truck needs to go faster and I'm thinking I'd like to get it down alittle then get some tractions bars on it. Since Brad worked the 215 pump over the tires just go up in smoke even in valet :thankyou2: Brad. But I never realiized traction would be such a problem :doh: I'm really thinking we'll just keep the stock 180 injectors :umno:

LOL, watch out now, next thing you know momma will be laying the big smack down on you at the track :)

Things are going good, still collect 3rd gen dodge body parts :)

We might need a winter GTG so we can all catch up and tip a few :)

BBD

Back