lowerng rear of truck?

amongold

What are everyone's thoughts on removing the factory rear lift blocks between the axle and springs? And then bolting spring straight to the axle. The truck drops better than six inches in the front with weights on. Thought this would level it out. This is a dedicated puller regular cab dodge. Is there any benefit in doing this ? Thanks

I thought I would atleast cut the blocks in half. Plus remove the unnessacery leaf springs. That's my plans when I swap the dually rear end in my truck.

I left my blocks in but the rear springs have the overloads removed, very bottom leaf spring and springs are pulled down flat

What is the best place to find some shorter u bolts / clamps for 11.5" rear axle

Any local spring shop should be able to make u-bolts to whatever length you want.

I am lowering my 4x4 and trying some dif ways to do so, The front looks like a real pita though!

Here is a truck with no rear blocks and half ton front springs...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqUfn2eKKHI&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqUfn2eKKHI&feature=related[/ame]

^^^good looking truck. not trying to mess the thread up but i have 1"x3" rear blocks for sale, if you wanted to remove the main leaf but still have a block back there

What would be the benefit to lowering the rear ur hitch will still be at 26. I would think that u want the back alittle bit higher not a lot alittle to make it more like A lever to help get better traction.

That's what I'm wondering is it better to be level or have the back higher? Looks like without the blocks the drive shaft would be level too?

What would be the benefit to lowering the rear ur hitch will still be at 26. I would think that u want the back alittle bit higher not a lot alittle to make it more like A lever to help get better traction.

IMO there wouldn't really be any besides looks. lever action, no. You don't want the rear to act as a fulcrum cause that means the front would be lifting. I always like the rear slightly higher so when it hooks it levels out. Then after that chassies adjustments begin.

Jake

When I say higher I'm talkin bout an inch or two that's all the front will raise some but not bad. I would think that picking the weight up in the front would put more down force on the chassies. Giving more traction.

Back