ls diff rebuild

JJeepyjohn

Make Me Fries
Anyone ever rebuilt a LS differential? I'm going to be pulling the locker out of mine and going back to a LS. I just want to make sure it's all good before stuffing it back in.

Never rebuilt one but had a couple all of the way apart. Quite simple inside. Just some clutches and spiders. I found a rebuild kit for my dana 70 for $250 and researched doing it a while back and it seems rather simple. People used the limited slip additive to lube th clutches before install IIRC.

Never rebuilt one but had a couple all of the way apart. Quite simple inside. Just some clutches and spiders. I found a rebuild kit for my dana 70 for $250 and researched doing it a while back and it seems rather simple. People used the limited slip additive to lube th clutches before install IIRC.

Soak the clutches and steels in the additive overnight and then install them. Change the pack up from the stock arraignment (go steel clutch steel clutch steel clutch, versus steel steel clutch) if you want the LSD to engage earlier.

Back