Lucas Oil PPL Pull-Platte City, MO

It was also unfortunate to see Jon Bair DQed for the weight box lid coming off, and Tyler Eller having clutch issues. Both of these trucks should have made the pull-off rather interesting.

That was an awesome hook and he had some serious ground speed going. The Haisley trucks were running well.

Correct me if I'm wrong, you would have broke those parts at the next hook anyway the way your truck makes power.

This way you were guaranteed 4th....and not 20th or whatever.

Pulloffs give the top guys a chance to maybe make a tire pressure adjustment or hitch height adjustment and come back and possibly do better....see who has a cool hand and who doesn't, and putting down 2 solid passes is something most 2.6/3.0 trucks should be capable of.

I always liked pulloffs....who the heck wants to spend an entire day for 12 seconds of competition?

I know, 24 seconds isn't much but it sure beats one pass by double! Come on!

Buck up.

Yes my truck probably would have broke the next pass, and it is capable of making far more than 2 passes, its the orginal yoke that broke in the truck from 3 years ago when i put it in. Your missing the point. Its how it was done, we didnt re weigh, yet we all added ice. Yet someone was *****ing about eller saying he added ice in the main show, so they gave him all sorts of hell making him re weigh and he didnt even get in the pull off. If hitch adjustments are made shouldnt they be rechecked? Along with tire pressure? None of this stuff would have kept my truck from breaking in the pull off, and maybe i would have had a different attitude if it hadnt have broke, i just think it could have been handled much better. If it started as an open gate, it needed to finish as an open gate, nobody ran out of track, and nobody was red flagged. No reason for a pull off, plain and simple.

Speaking of bucking up, you gonna actually pull one of these years? Or just say next year for the next 10 years.:hehe:

I believe you may have a different attitude if the results would have been different. From a spectator stand point it was a great show alot better than last year in my opinion. PPL goes 5 hooks and then decides if the sled should be changed and to decided what a full pull distance will be. Who ever goes over the distance will then be brought back for a pull off. I think that is rather simple. I did look like alot of guy werent ready the hard hooking tracks here in nw missouri.

Platte city has always done the 5 hook deal too. We have never had to pull off with ppl before, im not sure what the announcer was saying. An open gate is what it was going to be when we started. It is rather simple for you, you are a puller man, cmon. My attitude would be different if i didnt break, but my opinion in how they did it would still be the same.

My attitude would be different if i didnt break, but my opinion in how they did it would still be the same.

Very well said statement. Sucks you broke, but glad a cummins won! :)

Looked like a great pass!

The announcer was kinda funny since she had no clue wha see was talking about. The trucks may have never had a pull off before but they do it with the all their other class often i think it may even be in the rule book.

The announcer was kinda funny since she had no clue wha see was talking about. The trucks may have never had a pull off before but they do it with the all their other class often i think it may even be in the rule book.

It is. But how it was handled wasn't right. Last time they wanted a pull off we were told before hand so u could be prepared. We were also red flagged at the distance so u didn't stress driveline parts pulling 15ft longer than needed. Instead we pulled an open gate, then a pull off. Yes I have a bad attitude cause I broke after a hands down winning pass. But how it was handled was wrong, plain and simple. We were scrambling all over the place to find ice and get cooled down in the 15mins I had. The pullers need to be aware before they get in the pull off, and atleast make it needed.

Congratulations to Kevin Glover, who pulled the same truck the same distance in the 3.0 and 2.6 classes! :)

12 HIGH TIMING KEVIN GLOVER SHELBINA, MO DODGE 308.53
11 HIGH TIMING KEVIN GLOVER 308.53

Last edited:
Speaking of bucking up, you gonna actually pull one of these years? Or just say next year for the next 10 years.:hehe:

Working on it right now!

And I 100% promise that I will never bytch about pulloffs!

If you want to change the rules or get PPL to do a better job, talk to them, not us! What are we gonna do about it?

You need a hug, that's all!

Congratulations to Kevin Glover, who pulled the same truck the same distance in the 3.0 and 2.6 classes! :)

12 HIGH TIMING KEVIN GLOVER SHELBINA, MO DODGE 308.53
11 HIGH TIMING KEVIN GLOVER 308.53

Yea they had a mistake before the pull started and had him signed up for 2.6 instead of 3.0. John Bair is gettin it done though with Kevin's old truck. I hate that he got dq'd. He definitely could've changed up the order in the pull off. I didn't see Evan Smoot on the ppl results. I know he pulled 319. They must have somethin mixed up there

Working on it right now!

And I 100% promise that I will never bytch about pulloffs!

If you want to change the rules or get PPL to do a better job, talk to them, not us! What are we gonna do about it?

You need a hug, that's all!

I did talk to them, I'm not angry about it. You gotta make the pull offs before u can *****! Lol

SS only had 6...that's almost a garauntee.

Epically post by a dumb phone.

AIR DOG SUPER STOCK DIESEL TRUCKS
Full Pull Distance - 300
Finished Vehicle Driver Name City, State Brand* Distance
1 GOTTA HAVE IT SHANE KELLOGG FOREST, OH DODGE 329.31
2 ROCK HARD RAM VAN HAISLEY FAIRMONT, IN 97 DODGE 327.56
3 SMOKIN YA ERIC STACY * CHEVY 316.07
4 SCHEID DIESEL KENT CROWDER ATTICA, IN DODGE 306.60
5 CLIMAX KYLE MICHAEL URBANA, OH DODGE 296.86

AIR DOG 2.6 DIESEL TRUCKS
Full Pull Distance - 320
Finished Vehicle Driver Name City, State Brand* Distance Pull off