mac plug quick question.....

jones95runner

ok i jus been readin about everybody doin the mac plug deal so i said heck for 20 bucks why not try it....... jus went out and looked at the truck.... rack plug that is in it has two copper washers stacked in it....... so im guessin somebody beat me to the idea and used the factory plug and jus stacked the washers???? good or bad?? and is that as much travel as you would actually get with the 2095 plug or should i go on and swap it out??

When I measured the stock plug off my 160 pump vs 2095 plug, seems like there was 7mm difference in depth.

Full rack is supposedly 21mm so I don't think you need 7mm more depth on the plug, but I don't really know, we'll have to wait for a pump shop to post an opinion.

yea i jus figured i would see wat some people had to say im fixin to run back out and messure how thick that washer actually is...... this pump come on this truck like it was.... i had it benched this winter while it was in the shop gettin a b&p replace it was 480cc then i was jus thinkin it would be nice to get a little more out of it before i have to step up to for one all the guys around here talkin about goin to ag govs next year wont let us run one right now so i hate to buy a auto 13mm if they gonna swap them in a few months anyways

My pump guy said 7mm more rack travel with the mack plug. If your pump is off I wouldn't think twice about it.

Kris

thanks.... well i actually cut the case yesterday went on took the stock plug out.....so i will get on ordered i need to messure the extra washer they had in it but i know there is no way it is 7mm i would think more like 2.5 maybe

After you've modified the Fuel Plate and AFC, you may want to get a 2095 Rack Plug aka Mack Plug as long as you don't have a rig with a 215 engine. The 2095 plug has a 2mm deeper well than the 2000, allowing the rack to travel further increasing power. 215 engines can get too much rack travel and the rack will stick at Wide Open Throttle if it isn't properly lubricated. You can get one at your Cummins dealer for about $15. They will provide a greater increase in horsepower if you already have more power to begin with. 500hp motors will gain about 20-30hp, while 300hp motors will gain only 10-15hp. Again, this only works if you have an aggresive plate and a modified AFC arm.

read that on some search on yahoo i found..... if its only 2mm i think tha washer thats already in it has took care of my question then

Your pump guy is wrong.

beat me too it...

After you've modified the Fuel Plate and AFC, you may want to get a 2095 Rack Plug aka Mack Plug as long as you don't have a rig with a 215 engine. The 2095 plug has a 2mm deeper well than the 2000, allowing the rack to travel further increasing power. 215 engines can get too much rack travel and the rack will stick at Wide Open Throttle if it isn't properly lubricated. You can get one at your Cummins dealer for about $15. They will provide a greater increase in horsepower if you already have more power to begin with. 500hp motors will gain about 20-30hp, while 300hp motors will gain only 10-15hp. Again, this only works if you have an aggresive plate and a modified AFC arm.

read that on some search on yahoo i found..... if its only 2mm i think tha washer thats already in it has took care of my question then

rack will not stick on a 215 pump because of a 2095 plug

I also never had a problem with my highly modified 215 pump running the Bosch plug #2095. I also just measured both a stock 215 plug and the 2095 I have here and there is aprox 3/32" more depth to the 2095. This is probably why back in the day, you would see guys just doubling up washers to get the same effect. This was when the 2095 plug was still top secret!

Back