Made it!!!

soulezoo

diesel uber alles
Around the world in 8 days...

Had to go to the AOR to get a broken jet and bring it home... darn thing either broke at every stop or we got held by weather. Snow and below freezing in Germany to snow, high winds and misery in Bangor Maine. yuck! However, it was quite warm (80's) in the desert.

To top everything off, on our final landing, we lost a brake line, a thrust reverser failed and a strut collapsed...woo-hoo!

Weird that it's snowing in Bangor. My brother lives in Houlton (2hrs north) and my folks live in Van Buren (~4hrs north) and they didn't get anything.

Usually they get 2-3 feet in Van Buren during a storm and Bangor might see a dusting.

You stationed at Beale?

I am at Travis on KC-10s.

The folks at Bangor said it was very unusual to have snow this early. It was fun watching the plows work on the ramp though... almost like synchronized swimming.

What all problems did you guys have on your KC-10 here in Germany?? Did you guys go through Ramstein or Spangdahlem?? If you were here @ Ramstein I probably either blocked your plane in or out!! :rockwoot: Sucks to hear about all the issues, but at least you made it to your final destination safely!!

Back