Magnaflow

Hmmm!

I'm not talking about the diameter of the muffler but the inlet/outlet size. And I need 5".

Diamond Eye has some nice stuff, think Im gonna with a 5" from them on mine but il have to do abit of fab work to make it work since I have a 2nd gen manifold.

Anyway Im pretty sure their mufflers are 5" all the way through.....

not sure who has the best deal on the 5 magnaflow, but farmboys diesel 5 inch straight through works great and sounds mean on my truck, wonder how its going to sound with twins breathing through it ? couple weeks I'll know!

Bad Arse Muffler

Diamond Eye has some nice stuff, think Im gonna with a 5" from them on mine but il have to do abit of fab work to make it work since I have a 2nd gen manifold.

Anyway Im pretty sure their mufflers are 5" all the way through.....

I'll have to ck them out. I've been a bit disappointed in the sound on my truck, as I went with a 2nd gen manifold setup this last set of twins and the performance is great but the sound is tooooo muffled for me. I like the 2nd gen sound and that's what I was after but I haven't got it yet and that's why I want to change my muffler.

I will have to ck that out too

not sure who has the best deal on the 5 magnaflow, but farmboys diesel 5 inch straight through works great and sounds mean on my truck, wonder how its going to sound with twins breathing through it ? couple weeks I'll know!

Tks for the tip. Do you run a 2nd gen manifold? I'm looking for that sound level that is somewhere between where I'am at now and straight piped with that 2nd gen raspy bodacious sound. I luv that sound.

no second gen manifold yet, but it is coming with the half twin kit I am getting, my truck has that bark like the sound of trucks on the dyno through the extension pipes that they run out the shop, really barks.

I'll have to ck them out. I've been a bit disappointed in the sound on my truck, as I went with a 2nd gen manifold setup this last set of twins and the performance is great but the sound is tooooo muffled for me. I like the 2nd gen sound and that's what I was after but I haven't got it yet and that's why I want to change my muffler.[/QUO

I had a 4" Magnaflow muffler and I didnt like the sound of it, it was too fluttery sounding but did a good job taking care of the drone with my stack on, but now that I have my pappy cap on (just for winter) I have to run the exhaust out the back and i currently using my factory 4" str8 pipe and its ABIT loud and that why I want to get a 5" system with a good flowing muffler. Ill just have to get a 4" to 5" adapter to connect my down pipe to the 5" system.
Hmm unless I get a 5" HX-40 style down pipe.....

no second gen manifold yet, but it is coming with the half twin kit I am getting, my truck has that bark like the sound of trucks on the dyno through the extension pipes that they run out the shop, really barks.

Cant wait to see the twins Mike! Witch piping kit did you get Mike?

Tks for the tip. Do you run a 2nd gen manifold? I'm looking for that sound level that is somewhere between where I'am at now and straight piped with that 2nd gen raspy bodacious sound. I luv that sound.

you're not going to get raspy/bodacious anything with a packed muffler :eek:

What about a 5" MBRP muffler.I like the way mine sounds with a second gen manifold and a single.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Cut out as much exhaust noise as possible, at least for me that's how it is. I don't care for any turbine,drone,loud anything. I'll take the flow without the megaphone anyday.

Back