Maintaining rail pressure.

JasonCzerak

I just got a set of 90hp sticks (DDP). Curious, With a stage 1 (or bag of parts) CP3 and just the smarty 4.11 on #9.. No added pressure. just boost fooling. should it be able to maintain more then 15K at over 3000rpm?

I due suspect that a re-torque is truly my solution of the lines. I managed to get a stumble here and there off idle in creaper. And some extra timing rattle randomly.

you should be ok, I had no problems at all when I had my stage 2 set-up w/ 90hp sticks.

I see no reason why it wouldn't, 90HP sticks with a smarty wshould be fine, you dont plan on stacking do you? That may introduce you to some rail drain, But I had 19,000psi @ WOT with my stage 2/90hp set.

I have the tst, might sell it off. maybe put towards stage2/3/whatever pump. tho, I need tires and brakes soon :) Well tomorrow I hope to get the tubes pulled and ensured. if I can still drain it, then I'm not all that sure what to do :)

The odd part was that yesterday I could maintain 20K with tst on level 1 rail on 6... today, not so much.

I see no reason why it wouldn't, 90HP sticks with a smarty wshould be fine, you dont plan on stacking do you? That may introduce you to some rail drain, But I had 19,000psi @ WOT with my stage 2/90hp set.

thats too low. full power is obtained at no less that 22.5 at the rail

which is why i said WAS my set-up, not IS my current set-up. I didn't say 19 was great, please read before posting. And besides I forgot the + on the end of it.

which is why i said WAS my set-up, not IS my current set-up. I didn't say 19 was great, please read before posting. And besides I forgot the + on the end of it.

I did read your post before I posted.

you should be ok, I had no problems at all when I had my stage 2 set-up w/ 90hp sticks.

19k at WOT is a problem, you are losing power.

Maybe you should lower the font size of II in your sig....might help you think better LOL

so does that mean that with my new sticks i have in. that 8000psi at WOT is a bad thing???? damn. lol yeah i have the need for a set of dual pumps bad now!!!! :doh::eek:

so does that mean that with my new sticks i have in. that 8000psi at WOT is a bad thing???? damn. lol yeah i have the need for a set of dual pumps bad now!!!! :doh::eek:

Damn Robert 8K at WOT you for sure need some duel pumps!

Damn Robert 8K at WOT you for sure need some duel pumps!

thats more or less what i said the first time i layed into it on tuesday. something along the lines of poor little stage two has met its match. lol im tuning on it trying to get the rail pressure up some. i have to dyno this setup on the 17th of may, and funds arent allowing dual pumps anytime soon for me. :bang

I didn't realize those injectors would pop that low. LOL

yeah really. it was quite shocking to be in 6th and stab it a 70mph and watch my gauge go from 21,000 to 8,000 before my foot hit the floor. :doh: but the injectors are so very smooth and quiet.

My bad, I will rephrase this: @ WOT the rail would drain to 19,000psi then climb to 25-27,000 +/- or so, apologize for the confusion, oops. Maybe I should read before posting. :doh:

Tho, that doesn't answer my question about a Stage 1 (bag of parts) pump....

I've starting backing down the tuning. with stock sticks #9 on the smarty was good to go. I'd maintain 22K all day long once over 2500rpm up to 3hp on the tst as well.

Trying to drive slow and keep up with traffic was getting annoying as you have to be feather light on the peddle all the time. and with a manual it's alot of effort to not spin the tires.. anywho.

I backed the smarty down to 7. truck feels no different, just a bit smoother and I have more throttle travel for the same acceleration rate. in a nut shell, the throttle is less sensitive. So, I suspect I can make up the differences with the TST box as needed.

The nice thing tho, in traffic, these 90hp sticks smoke much much much less. Almost no smoke. Man my stockers were trashed :)

Anyone wanna swap stock pump for Stage 2? :)

A stage 1, arson kit, or whatever the term used to describe it has its limitations. There simply isn't enough flow volume to support a ton of fueling. What I have personally seen in several trucks is, 90 injectors a downloader and module and a pressure box, will support full rail pressure. This is also if the gauge isn't lying to us, a little. A stage 2 will make a little more of a difference, mainly in reducing the amount of time it takes the pump to build pressure, and will maintain it to a higher pressure level. We are maintaining well in excess of 23,000 with a really big injector, Smarty, pressure box and a module. The rail pressure just kind of blips a little on gear changes, I mean like a 1,000 psi variance on shifts.
This is a new pump we have been working on. Only problem is the twin turbos (S300 62- S400 75)won't control the egt's. There is so much difference between getting pressure up to 20k, and never having it fall below 23,000. I was experiencing an extreme drop in rail pressure, during low boost fueling. If I mashed the throttle, I could pull the gauge down to 5,000 psi, the new pump sure fixes that issue.
How big are your injectors, Robert?

Back