Manifold Blanket and Turbo Blankets are on!

cumminsX

Can't make up my mind
I just wanted to put up a quick review of the new blankets that I got from Levi (Turbo Performance). I had to change my head gasket so everything was apart and I had Levi make me blankets for everything- Manifold, s300 and S480, and hot pipe. I have to say that I am impressed, spool up is quicker and the underhood temps are way down. Before the blankets my compressor housing would get heat soaked from the manifold and all of my piping would get hot. Now it is all cool to the touch! I am sure it wil be nice when summer comes. I am very pleased with how it all turned out and how drivable the twins are think it was money well spent. Thanks Levi.

How do you get in contact with him? I am interested in doing this on my truck!! If someone could pm me his info. thanks

I just recieved my blankets for headers, up pipes and turbine housing. Very impressed with the workmanship. Can't wait to try these things out.

How do you get in contact with him? I am interested in doing this on my truck!! If someone could pm me his info. thanks

My numbers in my sig. Give me a shout if you have questions.

Thanks for the kind words Adam and Curtis, glad you guys like them. :Cheer:

thanks! Looks like you have some nice product! I will be in touch with you soon!

maybe a stupid question but what about coking of the oil in the bearings when using the blankets,I love the idea and the price is ok but doesn't it prolong pre shutdown temps ?

maybe a stupid question but what about coking of the oil in the bearings when using the blankets,I love the idea and the price is ok but doesn't it prolong pre shutdown temps ?

huh? the blanket is only covering the exhaust side of the turbo, not the middle

i bought a manifold blanket and a turbo sock for my truck..... The main thing that i noticed was cooler a/c duct temp at least by 5*.
I am very pleased with the workmanship and the quality of the product no doubt. Spoolup difference between the before and after was marginal. But, underhood temp was down a LOT. Heck, even the fact that i can run it for an hour and pull up somewhere, pop the hood and put my hand on the manifold or exhaust housing is amazing. Exhaust temps seem to run around the same, but idle temps tend to take longer to cool off.
I am very curious to see how it will work in the winter time. Winter is when i expect the blankets to shine.

Lance

Back