manifold swap 6.7 ?

mattcherry16

i was wondering how you do the manifold swap and if you have to change the turbo to a 5.9 turbo to do it whats all needed and what setup sounds the best

thanks matt

I wouldn't go to a t3 or the he351. Both are too restrictive on the exhaust side for a 6.7. T4 at minimum for the manifold and charger if your ditching the stocker. 66-72mm compressor is ideal for a 6.7

Def go T4. Just did an S366 2nd gen style setup on a steed speed flipped upside down. Running it on stock fuel for now and it spools just as good as stock. EGTs are also pretty much in check. Slightly higher than stock but im running a canned mild tune until i get an MCC tune on it. Has for the most part the 5.9 sound to it and was somewhat affordable compared to some setups. Dont know if you do any towing or what you use your truck for but i just pulled 17-18k lbs the other day and never saw above 1050* egts on a hill or flat ground all on stock fuel. Have only seen up to 28lbs of boost also. Havent given it much throttle yet. Just a little info on that setup.

Just finished up my 2nd gen swap as well. Went with a 2nd gen 24v pdi manifold and a Borg Warner 366 turbo. 66/73/.91 with a t4 foot. As stated previously, it spools like stock and then just doesnt stop. I am running stock fuel and efi live. It needs a bit of tuning to get it right, but still runs DAMN nice. The back end shimmies at 40mph when you roll into it....if you have any questions, let me know.

-Greg

Back