manual to auto swap

2wd_sled_puller

K&P Diesel House
Im putting a build auto in my truck. I bought a donor truck for parts that i may need to complete this. My question is do i have to run the whole steering wheel cause i dont see anyone to seprate the shifter coulom from the steering wheel

I swapped the whole column when I did this swap, made it that much easier lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Or you could keep the manual column and put a ratchet shifter on the floor. Im wanting to eventually do that in my truck

Or you could keep the manual column and put a ratchet shifter on the floor. Im wanting to eventually do that in my truck

If you do that, what do you do about the clutch interlock so that you can start the engine?

If you do that, what do you do about the clutch interlock so that you can start the engine?

Just splice the 2 wires together under the dash that were on the clutch, all they do is make a circuit.

Thanks. Thats one less thing to think about on my truck.

Doesn't the auto have a plug down by where the clutch interlock would be with a jumper plug in it?

I just wired my switch straight through. All you gotta do

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Doesn't the auto have a plug down by where the clutch interlock would be with a jumper plug in it?

Im not sure on a Dodge. My 99 Silvy has a small switch attached to the clutch pedal. I figured Id have to bypass that switch to get the truck to start, just have to check if any other wiring in the column is different now.

Sure does, but with how old our trucks are getting and who knows how many people messin with crap under the dash that little plug can get lost pretty easy..

Back