Manual Valve Body Ratchet Shifter And 4x4 Floor Shifter

GOLDDUSTERS5703

have searched this and im looking for more ratchet shifter mounting ideas for my '97. i have a geno's smoothie cup holder that i love and dont want to get rid of it to mount my shifter. i also thought about gettin rid of the geno's cup holder in favor of trying to mount a standard trans console(type that goes around the 4x4 shifter and the manual shifter and has the cup holders in it) and adapting a ratchet shifter to the console... any ideas?

i did a search have you looked up "re-locating gear shifter-autos" ? lots of pictures. hope this helps.

tube is from floor to top of seat with plate on top. to mount shifter to plate welded to tube at top and bottom. bolt on seat frame right side of driver side seat. works great

I used a B&M mega truck shifter, removed the center console. It does work very well.

thanks everyone i had forgot about this thread now that i have the manual valve body comming the shifter is on my mind more.
great pics bud300ft havent seen those anymore ideas?

shifta004.jpg

Bumping this back up. Looking for good ways to mount my TCI shifter without removing the center seat in my 06.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2732e9a3f7cd601f4cecb4d8e7d70362.jpg

feaa57a95358c4e5595dfd8440abbcf1.jpg

40014954d60d3b67f79aff85cf4a830a.jpg

7df4e0034ca99b4245c60a7801b88250.jpg

58f1794325be50379f7e04a5990afbb2.jpg

These are the best images I have right now of my 2006. Full manual vb 47re in a 2006. Currently the computer still communicates with the trans enough to control overdrive and lockup on its own. I hope to tune that out of it with efi live so I have full control. I can still use my cup holders and 4x4 shifter and the angle the shifter sits at is very comfortable. I daily drive it with ease. Trans install and custom shifter mounting was done by Cory Dow at Dow Brothers Racecars in Rancho Cordova, California. His name is rockjeep73 on here.

I forgot to mention, the switch on the left is overdrive and the switch on the right is lockup. I can also still open my center seat with just enough room to clear. It's pretty much in the perfect spot to be able to use all the factory features and be as minimally invasive as possible.

Last edited:
I really appreciate you sharing your setup with me. It looks like it works superb and fits very well while still allowing function to other aspects of the truck.

I really appreciate you sharing your setup with me. It looks like it works superb and fits very well while still allowing function to other aspects of the truck.

That was exactly our intentions when figuring out how to mount it and where. Cory figured out the mounting once we figured out where I'd like the shifter. It is mounted with 1 bolt yet is very solid.

I'm planning on using a TCI outlaw shifter similar to the one posted in the pic above in the thread and really like that mount. My main objective is just to get it to where it is comfortable while still allowing a fully functional truck on the street.

I've seen quite a few people try and mount them facing straight forward like the picture you posted, but that makes it awkward in your hand. It may look goofy but I really think you'll be much happier mounting in angled torward your body. When it comes to the interior I could care less about looks, it's all about ergonomics.

Well since there is no bracket on the market for these things that is mass produced I will have to get with my fabricator and see what we can come up with and try it both ways and see if one feels better and more comfortable than the other.

I'll post up a pic of my tci outlaw shifter setup I built. It's simple, not bulky, and is solid with very little angle yet still comfortable.

The bracket painted black isn't mine but it is the exact same thing I made just instead used 1x2 stainless tubing. It uses three bolts under the middle seat. Getting the bolt slots right is kinda tricky but is very doable. I've put it through lots of abuse and hasn't even thought about failing. I can get better pics of my actual one later

Second pic is on the other page

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back