Max timing on Stock 96 12v pistons

Kronic_187

Mekanical injection junky
i'm running a set of SDX 5x.014's, not sure on the thickness of washers but i'm assuming .06 copper, have a +.010 HG, head was milled flat but don't recall how much was taken off and my pump is set somewhere around the 20* ish region.... (pump is pinned @ 16, but advanced it 1/4" on the crank)

so moral of the story : Noticed i got some idle haze, so i'm assuming i'm out of the bowl... what can i do about it.... where can i get some super thin injector washers and or what would you think would be max timing for me ?

me and a buddy are going to go half'rs on a timing set in the hear future, so we won't be guessing (just wanted to see how the truck runs @ my elev. and temp with fairly high timing)

thank you for for any thoughts or advice in advance

i wouldn't think you'd be out of the bowl at 20* with those injectors..... im at 20* with my 5x.014's and they're SDX, mine idles clean after it warms up

yeah after it gets some heat in her it cleans up.... havn't had a chance to run it on the street yet, in the process of finishing off my paint job and frontend rebuild (don't ask)

any idea on some thin washers though?

its very typical for them to haze at cold start. i ran 26 for a year and now have been running 32 for the last year with 155* injector(marine 370s or 5x12 and now have ddp4 or 5x14's at 155*) and am in the bowl.. right at the top but in it.. also it depends on what injector angle you are running.. if they are westons design they are 140* which would put you farther in the bowl..

this is my DD though.... and i live in cold a$$ canada (during the winter anyway)

went for a test drive lastnight.... definately seems alot weaker down low.... was just a neighborhood cruise though, will def see when i get to open her up later this week

Mine hazed all the time during the winter here, with 18* timing, but we had a COLD winter this year.

Back