Maximum boost on stock springs?

I did read where you said that, then I looked here.

Valve Springs

Seems to match what was quoted from an earlier thread, in all reality you were misquoting information, or you didn't understand the information as it was given.

Last edited:
Have to agree with bracker on this one. Also valve springs can only effect a very small part of the valves life In the opening and closing part. The main reason to increase spring pressure is to keep the tappet glued to the cam at all times so it doesn't slam against the Cam over sand over. People have actuary lost power with spring swaps because the opening of the valve allowed more air in the engine. Either way during your compression stoke, power stroke, and exhaust stoke there is enough force acting on the valve face It's not going to open. Intake stoke is the exception. Imo the only time you will notice a loss of power is if you back pressure is to high and not allowing proper air into the cylinder.

This is all my opinion and should be taken as the gospel truth!!

Last edited:
Well seeing that, I'll now agree with you. The information I was quoting is apparently old news at this point as things have clearly changed but I did read it on Hamilton's site some time ago.

Back