measuring fuel lines

blackcoal

okay i bougth a set of conversion lines, for a steal of a price:rockwoot:

anyways the shop clamed they were the biggest ones columbus diesel sells. but he thought they were .093. but columbus diesel sells .120 lines, and wanna figure out how i can messure them and find out for sure?

would i be able to stick like a 3/32 drill bit in the end? would that measure them correctly?

thanks

0.093" is just a touch smaller than 3/16". 0.120" is just under 1/8". So get a bit that is 1/64" smaller than each and that will give you a good ballpark measure.

okay ill give it a try, i just dont wanna put .120 lines in my street truck

well the drill bit that fit good in them was 7/64th inch drill bit.

thats in the middle of .093 and .120????

any idea of what they are?

Probably be 0.120" lines then. 7/64=0.109" 8/64=1/8=0.125, so that won't fit in a 0.120 line.

hmm okay, what are your thoughts on running these on the street? i will eventully go to smaller ones i would guess .084, but after a cam and all the rest of the swap parts all at once that a lot to spend+ add another $500 for lines

Doable, but I wouldn't care too.

Anyone know what size stock lines are? Just curious.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

hmm okay, what are your thoughts on running these on the street? i will eventully go to smaller ones i would guess .084, but after a cam and all the rest of the swap parts all at once that a lot to spend+ add another $500 for lines

Just do it. You got them used so they will still be used when your done with them. Everyone has a different idea of "streetable". What's the worst that could happen? You don't like how they drive so in a month you buy new ones spend 5 minutes changing them and sell these.

.078 I believe.

And if you can swap out ppump conversion lines in 5 minutes then my hats off to you. Usually takes me half an hour of fighting to get them to fit right.

If you got them, run them. I've only experience with .078" lines on a 12mm pump and .093" on a 13mm, so I can't really comment on the streetability of them. If you don't like them, you'll buy different ones.

Back