Mechanical advancing timing

tinkertoy

I put senser on billet cover that I been working on for awhile and I advanced the pump 1 tooth which should be 5*! And ain’t got a Communication to ecm to pump so I got it fooling the ecm. The problem I’m having is it don’t start good, I put a new hotrod pump on and thought it was bad but I put my SO pump back on to check and it starts a little better but cranks a good bit!

I was wondering the ones that have advanced the timing and fooling the ecm how it started?

I know Industerial did it 10* by the gears.

If u advanced it and didnt move the senser or didn’t run Industerials gears please don’t reply!

Aside from the motley assortment of additional errors, did you really just say "it don't start good."? Wow.

What year is the truck? If it's an 01 or 02 you could advance the cam timing one tooth to get those 5* then just put an offset cam keyway in to put the cam back where it should be. That way the ECM doesn't know anything moved and you don't have to mess around with extra sensors.

Zachu812 it’s a 01 and after sleeping on it that is 10* btdc on the crank! It runs great but slow starting.

Well I’ve left this here awhile and mhuggler keep your thoughts to yourself if u don’t know what I have done and just want to fly off the mouth!

But I don’t see advancing the cam would move the tone ring either unless u jumped a tooth on crank and that’s ten degrees.

I tried to find a guys number tonight that advance it ten degrees with the industrial gears and he said he was a little over 800 hp and burnt all 6 pistons out, I would like to play with this in the future and maybe see if some of the higher hp vp would benefit from it but I think ten is too much on this engines!

Well I’ve left this here awhile and mhuggler keep your thoughts to yourself if u don’t know what I have done and just want to fly off the mouth!

But I don’t see advancing the cam would move the tone ring either unless u jumped a tooth on crank and that’s ten degrees.

I tried to find a guys number tonight that advance it ten degrees with the industrial gears and he said he was a little over 800 hp and burnt all 6 pistons out, I would like to play with this in the future and maybe see if some of the higher hp vp would benefit from it but I think ten is too much on this engines!

I'm very familiar with the VP, but I'm also not disposed to assist someone that has clearly wasted tax dollars by sleeping through an available education. No matter what you state in your next post, you'll do it sounding like a complete moron.

So your one of those guys that think there cute behind a key board!!! Go away I don’t need your education either!

And I don’t care what u think

So your one of those guys that think there cute behind a key board!!! Go away I don’t need your education either!

And I don’t care what u think

Much better! There's only a handful of mind-numbing moments in that one. Now we just need to introduce you to my friend, punctuation.

Last edited:
Buddy I’m not on here to go back to school for grammar, if u don’t like how I type don’t read it! And u act like your paying your taxes for this your ****ing crazy!!!! If u don’t think it’s Feasible that’s your opinion, kind of like putting a cam in it doesn’t give u 200hp on a mild build.

You crack me up and your a real tool!!!!

Yeah your cool you probably one these’s guys that has book smarts and can’t even put air in a tire!!!!! Lmao

Yeah fellows I apologize I normally don’t argue with haters Especially on grammar lol and sometimes I type quick and don’t look at it but Geez this guy! I thought this site was a site to help others not think your dicks bigger than mine kind of deal!!!

Back