Mechanical lift pump

ninerqb8

Looking for options for a mechanical lift pump. I have been running a AD150 with my 12 valve but I am almost done with the p pump 6.7 and I want to make sure I dont run my injection pump out of fuel. I have a Aeromotive A1000 I could set up with it and just use the AD as a filter/supply for it. I have looked at Mitusa, GDP Fuel boss, and DTT Assasin, but none of them look to be made for a p pump. Anyone ran one with a p pump and kept pressure? Also I have a Fluidamper so that limits options as well. I have the billet cover for a waterman should I just get one and be done with it?

Looking for options for a mechanical lift pump. I have been running a AD150 with my 12 valve but I am almost done with the p pump 6.7 and I want to make sure I dont run my injection pump out of fuel. I have a Aeromotive A1000 I could set up with it and just use the AD as a filter/supply for it. I have looked at Mitusa, GDP Fuel boss, and DTT Assasin, but none of them look to be made for a p pump. Anyone ran one with a p pump and kept pressure? Also I have a Fluidamper so that limits options as well. I have the billet cover for a waterman should I just get one and be done with it?

I mean, that'd definitely be a solution.

Or you could get two pumps and do dual feed. Same pressure, more volume?

If you can do it though, why not go mechanical lift with the mechanical ppump?

I have a Fuel Boss lift pump to feed my p7100, ~40psi at 2k rpm and that is where my fuel gauge stops for right now haha (need to get one that reads higher). I ordered the "base" kit that only comes with the pump, pulleys, and belt.

I do not think the Fuel Boss will work with a fluidamper (you can ask GDP if they have a configuration that would work) but I hear that the Assasin may (they were working on a configuration that would work).

Since you have a billet cover for a waterman, I would go that route.

Some of the tractors around here run enderle and i have one on my truck. But next time i will prolly go with a aviaid belt drive. Not sure how a fluiddampnr limits you. You should be able to easily get ahold of a gear to bolt to the front of it. You could mount off your vac pump if you still have it or off the injection pump aswell.

DTT and Glacier pumps are small. Not going to flow enough to support much more than 600 hp.

DTT and Glacier pumps are small. Not going to flow enough to support much more than 600 hp.

Well then even if they would fit with the fluidamper then that wont work.

Anyone think the Aeromitive would work since I have one? If not it sounds like I am going to have to just get it over with a buy a waterman.

There's different pullies to get more volume.

You must consider pump port size. Small ports do not support flow volume required to support horsepower. Over driving a pump that is already near it's max flow potential only creates cavitation.

An ADII-165 will drain a 3rd gen dodge fuel tank faster than the factory tank vent allows air to displace fuel removed.

Last edited:
Why doesn't anyone ever run one of these:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rpu-1501/overview/

Are the lobes not the same between the 12v and chevy. the 12v lobe is 0.25" eccentric. I'm thinking of buying one and trying it out.

I have looked at those they are not direct bolt on. You have to press them out of the base and machine a new one with the right angle. Then you have to have a cam with lobe which I don't being it is going on a 6.7. Should work for a 12 valve though.

I have looked at those they are not direct bolt on. You have to press them out of the base and machine a new one with the right angle. Then you have to have a cam with lobe which I don't being it is going on a 6.7. Should work for a 12 valve though.

But considering a 12v cam with lobe, your saying the angle of the plunger isn't correct? When you say "base" are you talking about the flange area basically? So I'm guessing these pumps are all the same, they just press them into different flanges so they can make them up on different blocks?

Ghostman, those are made to have a pushrod push on them.. Other than that, not a bad deal!

Ghostman, those are made to have a pushrod push on them.. Other than that, not a bad deal!

Right, but why can't you have them just ride on the cam lobe? Maybe with the correct style plunger? Brass ball face maybe? I just think it would be a good alternative to belt driven and electrical pumps.

But considering a 12v cam with lobe, your saying the angle of the plunger isn't correct? When you say "base" are you talking about the flange area basically? So I'm guessing these pumps are all the same, they just press them into different flanges so they can make them up on different blocks?

Should be work just fine in a 12 valve with a new base machined for it. The push rod can be changed as well. I talked to race pumps about it at length and had a base designed for it but when I went to the 6.7 it made that useless. They can be used and I think they would work great but I never tried it.

Back