Mega cab into suv

Kick Start

Banned
Is there a company out there that could turn a mega cab into an suv? 3 rows of seating and still have enough cargo space to haul stuff?

You might talk to the guys that used to build the crew cab 2nd gens.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I dont see why you couldnt do it, but what would you use to make the "SUV" part, since Dodge didnt make any vehicles like that?
I highly doubt even the best body man could make Excursion or Suburban body lines match. Section a van?

You could take several mega cabs and section them. The hardest part would be the rear hatch area. Where do you rob such parts to make it look right? The rear hatch matches the body lines of the vehicle so anything you get would need modified. Finding a guy who could build the entire hatch from scratch would be easier than trying to modify existing with gobs of body filler. There are custom sheet metal guys out there that could get it done but the price tag would hurt. The idea of somebody azz packing your beautiful one off vehicle would hurt even more. You are talking 80k or more to have it all done. Custom glass, custom rear hatch and surrounding area, custom interior in the rear, several cabs to get sections and doors from, body work, paint, etc... If you have a bottomless pit for a wallet by all means do it. It would be bad azz. If you just want a big SUV that is cummins powered do a swap into an excursion.

Por que?

img_01.jpg

tropivan_dodge_11.jpg

Some Ideas (for import??)

Excursion didn't have captain chairs in the second row. At least I've never seen one.

i was wondering if any of the companies that stretch them had possibly done one.

Excursion didn't have captain chairs in the second row. At least I've never seen one.

i was wondering if any of the companies that stretch them had possibly done one.

I am enjoying this post from an excursion with second row captain chairs LOL

I've ridden in the second row captains chairs in a 7.3L (I think it's an 03) excursion as well.

Any pics of excursion with them? I've only found suburbans with captains chairs for second row.

I will talk to the guy that comes here to the farm and runs his dogs. He has a 6 door excursion that was a CClb and excursion combined.

Here it is. I hate fords but I so want to buy this from him. It just sets at his summer home most of the time

Attachments

• IMG_20140821_192625_284.jpg
    IMG_20140821_192625_284.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 0
Is there a company out there that could turn a mega cab into an suv? 3 rows of seating and still have enough cargo space to haul stuff?

Just called the local Conversion company that does Excursions and Mega Long Boxes. They have never had a request like that but "Sure would be unique" and they are gonna do some checking to see if its possible for them and a rough price Estimate

Thank you. Looking into it.

Hopefully won't be to bad, only major option I want is 4th gen seats and bucket seats in second row.

Back