mega dilemma

RamDave

Gear Head
I ran across a great deal on an 07 Mega Cab. It's a 6 speed manual. The motor has been partially parted out. The head, injectors, CP3, and turbo are all gone. All that's left is basically the short block. I found a complete 03 motor that needs a rebuild. Would I be able to use this in the 07 or is the harness different? If I can't find a cheap motor complete I think I just may put a 12 valve in it and be done with it. I love the simplicity of a mechanical motor.

About 5000 to 10k depending on your skills It's all about finding a running motor complete Very simple and all the gauges will work!

Buy a 6.7 long block with new 5.9 injectors, new charger, and new CP3 and you can have it running for under 10k as long as you can put it in yourself. I just put a 6.7 in my 06 5.9, plug and play...

Buy a 6.7 long block with new 5.9 injectors, new charger, and new CP3 and you can have it running for under 10k as long as you can put it in yourself. I just put a 6.7 in my 06 5.9, plug and play...

I can do all the work myself. That sounds like a good end goal, but for now I'm trying to get it done on a budget. Once I get it home I can tear in to it and see what I have to work with.

Back