Metal Fab tooling

I would give a definite negative to that Clarke. Not very reliable from everything I have read. I understand the want to save money where you can, but dont do it on a welder. Figure AT LEAST $500 for a good welder, preferably used. Be Patient. It will come. Your best bet if you have a smart phone is to get craigspro or a similar app, and save a query for welder within about 200 miles of your house(dixon is a hike from anywhere). Set it up to only refresh when you tell it to, and refresh a few times a day manually. Be patient, yes again. Dont waste money on no name brand welders. Have you looked at eastwoods site yet?

175 amp mig with spool gun for aluminum and cart, $600. Fantastic deal and their customer service is second to none. MIG 175 welder with Cart and Helmet | MIG 175 Welder | Welder Cart | Welder Helmet – Eastwood Welders

I got my old Miller 200 on CL for $400, and it had a new 35lb spool, and a 50' power cord. I just had to find a bottle, craigslist to the rescue again.

Welcome to Swag Off Road - Doing Ordinary Extraordinary

I just picked up a press brake for my 20 ton HF press. Cheap and works like a champ. Some assembly required.

For a welder I have used a Lincoln 170ST for solid wire, flux core and aluminum if you get the Teflon liner. Aluminum takes some adjusting to get it to work right. I have used the same machine for the last 15 years without any problems. This is for what I would consider home use, not production.

Back