metal filings in fuel tank?

toh4od

Diesel Power Fan
After removing fuel tank in 2008 3500 Mega cab 4X4, I found a LOT of metal filings in the fuel tank. Job was done to install new Air Dog II 165 pump but just wondering if this is normal and where these filings have come from. Thanks for any help. :confused:

What color are they? If they look like gold flakes, your CP3 is probably coming apart internally... Check your oil level to see if it's over-full, here are a few pics from our 05' here at the shop from a few days ago

96b985c2.jpg

0fcbd4c8.jpg

This banjo bolt was the return line fitting on the CP3, the fitting for the return line on the filter housing was jammed with the same crap, I'm sure there's some in the tank but we haven't dropped that yet

No pics available but filings were silver in color, the size of the ones on your finger, and stick to a magnet.

silver... i've got no idea, i was just in my tank this weekend putting in a hellman sump, tank was clean no metal

Ill gut the factory pump to inspect for damage then time will tell, I guess. Right now the truck has no other problems or symptoms.

check return lines coming from CP3, rail & back of the head, see if they've got any trash in them

Back