MHP 1mm+, ZZ Fab, 103# springs, fresh from MHP.

Broaner

Been There n Broke That
MHP Head - 1mm+, ZZ Fab, 103# springs, fresh from MHP.

Selling my worked up head which I got recently and have decided to change plans on my build due to some new info brought to light about my existing primary turbo being quite a bit smaller than I had thought. This has changed my whole perspective on the need of a head for my goals. $3500 shipped.

Everything on it is fresh including seats, guides, seals, and surface. 3.5" boost tube included. 1mm oversized valves. The ZZFab will work with both 6.7 and 5.9 fuel rails. The head itself is a 5.9 but they are interchangeable. All of the notable machine shops I talked to said deleting the the steam ports on the 6.7 was a good idea. AKA when a 5.9 head meets up it just blocks off the steam ports.

Trades considered:
Billet rods
New Street triple(3250 ceramic)

296D926C-57A3-469E-835D-4ECD064197EF_zpsoe5djbvg.jpg

2A860B07-F811-4732-9888-00D9F7036C4D_zpssp9s3omc.jpg

I have a pic of the original invoice from MHP. Need to find it.

Last edited:
Somebody snuck in before you adam. I'll definitely keep you posted. Thank you for the interest

I've done business with the seller in the past, and everything was legit. Good luck, mhp has a good reputation for quality head work.

Thanks JP! A trade is in the works for rods and a more stockish fresh head. Fingers crossed. I have full confidence in Gecovey on this swap.

Last edited:
It was more of a question as to why no fire rings and I can read Just fine. Just like I read in your mods you used 425s to cut corners and build cheap instead of 625s. See I can read just fine. The question was for him to answer is why not fire ring a built head. Not for half a$$ builders to comment on with their bag of parts comments.

It was more of a question as to why no fire rings and I can read Just fine. Just like I read in your mods you used 425s to cut corners and build cheap instead of 625s. See I can read just fine. The question was for him to answer is why not fire ring a built head. Not for half a$$ builders to comment on with their bag of parts comments.

425s held fine for me at 60+psi for over 50k miles when i ran the same setup so I think some would disagree it wasn't a short cut in his application... Sorry for the derail OP

I dont believe many fire ringing CR heads these days and it says the head has 1mm oversized valves

I can understand for 60psi and under but for a built head capable of 1,300 hp and compounds with boost psi numbers at 90+ psi was wondering why no o ring or fire rings. It was a question a debate intended. I seen the over sized valves just was wondering why and what was his goals intended for the amount of work done to this head since stock heads can flow well past 1,000hp

You're an idiot. 625 are not the saving grace everyone thinks they are. I run 425 in my 700hp truck and haven't had any problems. I see no need to ever buy 625 studs when the less expensive ones have done the job on several trucks that I've owned.

Ok and your an idiot to think 700hp is anything special. Try and run them on 1,300 HP and see how they hold up. Any good builder knows you over build any real build so your not always pushing the limits of the cheaper parts. That's the kind of builder people should avoid for business and advice for sure. Thanks lol

Ok and your an idiot to think 700hp is anything special. Try and run them on 1,300 HP and see how they hold up. Any good builder knows you over build any real build so your not always pushing the limits of the cheaper parts. That's the kind of builder people should avoid for business and advice for sure. Thanks lol

People should also avoid builders who try and overbuild and charge you for things you don't need.......

Didn't realize I had said 700hp was special.

I would figure if your goal was 1300hp you would do 14 instead of 12. Could be wrong though.

I don't cut corners on **** you incompetent prick. There's plenty of people running over 1000 on arp 425s. You apparently know nothing because there's not many people that run fire rings, or at least not many that street drive the truck. O rings and 425s torqued to 145ft lbs and been pushing 80psi for quite a while. As a matter of fact I bent a rod last year with my head gasket still prefectly in tact so do a little research before you open your fuking mouth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question was about the head and not for comments. Build yalls stuff how y'all want but keep it to yourselves unless it's useful. It's always the haters that can't afford to build much of anything and pieced together that always make smart comments.

I don't cut corners on **** you incompetent prick. There's plenty of people running over 1000 on arp 425s. You apparently know nothing because there's not many people that run fire rings, or at least not many that street drive the truck. O rings and 425s torqued to 145ft lbs and been pushing 80psi for quite a while. As a matter of fact I bent a rod last year with my head gasket still prefectly in tact so do a little research before you open your fuking mouth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
800 is childs play. And you will learn your lesson using $400 studs in a 30k build if you ever grows enough balls to go that fast

Back