Microblue.

SmokinCAT

Cheap and Easy.
Anyone tried having any of their parts done by this company.

MICROBLUE | Superior Friction Reducing Technology

It looks as though the put a little more work into the parts than a traditional coating company, but it's only for friction reduction. I thought about having a set of rod bearings done.

I have talked to people that have had it done on the wheel bearings in their big trucks and they actually see an improvement in mileage, no sure if it is from going to a new bearing or the coating process.

You do it to any moving parts to reduce friction. They polish and coat the parts. You dont want to polish the bearings or piston rings just coat them. Mark Colberg is setup to do this aswell. You can do everything in the engine and drivetrain and can free up hp dyno proven. It will also make parts last longer.

I would give it a shot if I had the funds. Any friction reductions anywhere will improve performance, the product just needs to withstand the level of service that the application has. Its nice to see how much this stuff actually frees up from seeing a dyno sheet or mileage increase during driving. You can improve your fuel consumption by changing wheel seals on OTR trucks too if any of you drive a rig.

Well according to them, their coating for the rod bearings is comparable to other low friction coatings that are out there. I guess there is dyno information of a before and after on a Cat C15.

This is a copy and paste of a rundown of that info.
The Stock C-15 CAT motor put out 18.27 hp per pound of turbo boost and 36 psi of boost was 658 hp to the flywheel and 560 hp to the rear wheels.
The MicorBlued C-15 CAT motor put out 21.62 hp per pound of turbo boost and 37 psi of boost was 800 hp to the flywheel and 680 hp to the rear wheels.

It works, Turbo,pump,injectors, put it on everything....

We have our input shaft, ring and pinion gears, and drop box gears done.
Makes everything super slick and smooth and should free up some power.

I remember Joe Sherman once said that he has never seen any hp improvement from engine coatings. They might help in durability though.

Back