Mid west truckin nationals - may 17th

Yes the track was JUNK!!!!!! We drove 4 hours to a pull last year that Carl Buckner was in charge of and it was just as bad. Got there and tractor guy told me not to even unload. After 2 hours of watching and waiting to see what Carl was going to do, (which was nothing) the crowd stated to raise hell and get very angry. He finally called the pull off, but man what a waste of time.
I am not bashing NHRDA at all. But if I would have known CARL BUCKNER was in charge of the track I would not have even gone.

Ozark empire fair last year????

Yes, and even the State Fair, is usually a fiasco, you can guess who runs that show as well.

Yes Ozark Empire fair. I pulled at the state fair 2 years ago and will never go back with him in charge.

Yup, I totally agree, 2nd worst track I've seen in my life, and he was also in charge of the worst one!!!! First mistake was putting the dirt hauled in on top of grass. They should have peeled the grass back, layered the dirt down disc it into the native soil below. There was a grader sitting there.

And it didn't help none it was kinda in a draw where all the water settles. And to me it seemed quite narrow.

You would think by now they would figure out you can't just dump dirt on a surface and make a track. If hadn't got rained on it wouldn't had been as bad. It was a giant sponge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry guys but we have been tearing down all day yesterday so we can get the semi truck on the road to Denver.

Ok by no way am I trying to make excuses and I will take full blame but yes we did have several challenges with both snow and rain over the past 2 months on getting the track in and yes when I landed and drove out to the track on Thursday their was 13 inches of rain sitting at the end of the track so off to get a sump pump. Long story short I apologize to everyone and we already have plans in place to improve the track over the fall so when we come back next year we can give you a track that will challenge your truck in a good way and not a negative way we did this weekend.

We still like the location and believe over the next couple of years it will become a great place for pullers to compete at.

With that being said I am on the road alot and if you want to shoot me any emails with suggestions on who and how to improve the track please send them to randy.cole@nhrda.com

Again sorry guys I will do my best to make any improvements i can for next year

Would making it a dedicated pulling spot be for better or worse? I guess what I mean is if there are other events held at the strip y'all made will it "wear in" and help or will it just tear it up and be better for it to be used once a year?

Sorry guys but we have been tearing down all day yesterday so we can get the semi truck on the road to Denver.

Ok by no way am I trying to make excuses and I will take full blame but yes we did have several challenges with both snow and rain over the past 2 months on getting the track in and yes when I landed and drove out to the track on Thursday their was 13 inches of rain sitting at the end of the track so off to get a sump pump. Long story short I apologize to everyone and we already have plans in place to improve the track over the fall so when we come back next year we can give you a track that will challenge your truck in a good way and not a negative way we did this weekend.

We still like the location and believe over the next couple of years it will become a great place for pullers to compete at.

With that being said I am on the road alot and if you want to shoot me any emails with suggestions on who and how to improve the track please send them to randy.cole@nhrda.com

Again sorry guys I will do my best to make any improvements i can for next year

Boots on the ground one day before a national event is just poor management. Especially knowing that this pull was going to be held in a ditch beside a drag strip. You really need to go somewhere and watch someone that knows how to build a track. This facility has potential but water drainage is always going to be an issue where the track is sitting. They would be better off if they plowed up some of the asphalt west of the current pulling track and built a pulling track there.

They would be better off if they plowed up some of the asphalt west of the current pulling track and built a pulling track there.

The track would never allow that though, it's precious drift area. Lol not a joke. But what if they just threw a bunch of clay up to make it a higher spot?

Well the area it is at now won't work with any rain on it. They can't really build it up or they will have constant drainage problems since the track sits in the ditch. Just down from the end of it was a large in ground drain for the water that comes through there.

It's too bad because that is a nice facility and I would like to see that event grow. There are a lot of good trucks that would come to this with it being located in the middle of the pulling hot bed. I just don't know that you are going to get the track to build something and leave it all year for an event that only happens once a year.

The track they had in TX was loose but they also don't have the good dirt to work with like they should in STL. I was thinking that it was going to be a good horsepower track until I got there and seen it. I think NHRDA has good events they just need to figure out how to get a good track for the pullers.

Back