mileage boost?

cm cows

Here by the owl
before people say search I did, 17 pages of searching and all I found out was that people have alot of questions about smoke and what settings to run the smarty on. I know it wont add hp. it will help to tune my pickup a little more and I was wondering if the smarty would be worth it to add mileage? I dont drive hard and could care less if it smoked. my mods are in my sig and I couldnt find a straight forward answer if it would help mpg or not. I get about 14-15 in town and 17 on interstate, best of 19.5. I know a 400hp pickup aint going to get 25 mpg but maybe a little bump would be great.

has alot to do with tire pressure, what accesories you have on the outside of your truck, 2wd 4wd etc.....

key to fuel mileage is complete burn, figure out how to tune your smarty for most efficient burn - not most hp

tires pressure is right and it aint like I have a wind diverter on top. I know all the factors that go into getting better mileage. I just want to know if the smarty setup correctly will benefit me. I can handle the basics.

Basically, more cetane in fuel wil help with complete burn faster... Also timing still help in mileage department, if you are using winter fuel currently, good luck, its just not gonna happen. People lose 4mpg on that crap

thats true but I dont drive it much in the winter mainly my half ton. anyone that owns a smarty or has ran one with a simular setup have any input?

What edge do you have now? I don't see the Smarty making any real difference over any other box for a VP truck!

Chris

I have a j/a. I looked at a smarty for awhile and got away from it and now i am thinking of getting one, but the way I can justify it in my mind is if I can get some mileage out of it.

Back