MiniWheat - 2014 Ram 1500 Cummins Pro Street Build.

Why leave in 2nd when you can leave in 1st?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am all for trying new stuff. Back to the question above, Not really that big of a change in gearing between 2nd and 1st overdrive, you have a 9in and more gearing options. And just the load it would put on the shaft with overdrive on. I mean if I am going to break a stick I am not going to grab it by the base where it attaches to the tree i am going to grab the end of it were I have more leverage to break it.

One advantage I see is getting into top gear sooner...and in, not waiting the hour and half after hitting the switch for it to actually engage OD.

I am all for trying new stuff. Back to the question above, Not really that big of a change in gearing between 2nd and 1st overdrive, you have a 9in and more gearing options. And just the load it would put on the shaft with overdrive on. I mean if I am going to break a stick I am not going to grab it by the base where it attaches to the tree i am going to grab the end of it were I have more leverage to break it.

I'm not using overdrive at all anymore. Just regular 1-2-3 with 3.25 rear gears.

One advantage I see is getting into top gear sooner...and in, not waiting the hour and half after hitting the switch for it to actually engage OD.

see above.

Less shifts is usually more better! LOL

Agreed!

Long story. Broke intermediate shaft, it's chassis and setup fault, nothing to Blame on trans at all. I went across the scales at 5230# race weight in Gulfport, so 730# has to go. It's headed to chassis shop for front end work for starters then I've got a full laundry list to cover once I get it back. I'm not touching the power plant or fuel, maybe small tweaks on turbo setup but nothing drastic. Got a lot cut out for me this winter...

3e20b7372e5580b91a6bd8a95163c59f.jpg

Wheels up, dead hook, bang, coast... ?

Just out if curiosity are you going to take hook out? Why are others not having the same issues. Not being an as$. Truly curious

Less weight, better shocks, better bar placement, more air pressure in the rear tires... That's a laundry list in itself.

Thanks for the update. Pulling 700# off in the right places should make everything work better. You did a pretty damn good job considering how quickly you got the project done and on the track.

Great pic, funny that you haven't posted it ALL over with "LOOK AT MY WHEELIE!!!" like some other diesel "drag racer" the time he fell off his jackstands

Have you plotted out your instant center yet? That may help in your decisions on bar placement.

It'll be on the corner scales as soon as my Jenny Craig diet list is done.

Thanks for the update. Pulling 700# off in the right places should make everything work better. You did a pretty damn good job considering how quickly you got the project done and on the track.

Thanks! I like to think so, right at a year from Stock Hemi to high 5.70's low 5.80's (if I can get off the stripe that is... Lol!). Hoping next year brings lots of progress and consistency.

Strut front end might do that all by itself.

Something similar planned!

Back