mirrors

How much does it cost to get towing mirrors painted?

i called today for my mirrors and door handles. 800 bones to get them sanded smooth and painted. :bang figure i can do the prep work and put the adhesive promotor on myself since its aerosol. i dont have the airbrush to paint i though.

i called today for my mirrors and door handles. 800 bones to get them sanded smooth and painted. :bang figure i can do the prep work and put the adhesive promotor on myself since its aerosol. i dont have the airbrush to paint i though.

I just had mine done and it was 800 as well.

did they come out as smooth as the rest of the paint on the truck, i dont want any more of that annoying texture on there. especially for 800 bones!

Yes they sanded all the texture down before the painted the handles and mirrors. I will get some close up pics today and post them later.

Here you go.

DSC_0811.jpg

thanks for the pic! that sure looks damn sexy. im digging the smoked turn signal too, very nice.

turns out my girlfriends dad owned a body shop back in the day. he says just take 220 grit paper and dry sand the texture off, then wet sand with either 400 then 1000grit, or just 800grit... depending on how smooth i want them. shouldnt take more than a day to save 500$.

Thanks, getting the mirrors and handles done as well as shaving the badges makes it look like an entirly different truck. Here the before and after pics.

Before
DSC_0790.jpg

After
DSC_0810.jpg

Back