modded rail

twinmega06

master debater
anyone with a cr running a modded rail? was thinking about trying one and was wondering if any hp gains were seen.

I have installed a few and the gains are not much on the hp side . About 25 hp for a stock cp3 and about 65 hp for a modded cp3 pump. What is acually a plus is how stable the rail pressure is maintained .

And IMO this cuts down on the pounding effect on the injectors.

I have seen people advertise more , but this was a approx over dyno runs and different trucks.

I understand that but if I got 65hp out of just swapping a rail I'd be ecstatic.

True. But 25hp from an unmodded pump is still a nice gain for an easy mod.

I lost power with my modded rail. That was with a 650+hp truck. I will not say who I got the rail done by but it didn't look good. I had another rail done by the same person at the same time and it looked way better but it is on another truck right now.

LOL, that would be my truck.. unfortunately I wasnt able to get before and after results, but I agree about the more stable rail pressure.. I also feel that you would be able to live slightly longer without a modded cp3.

I managed to hit 1013 hp with just a diablo pred (rkl puff tune) dr p predator stage IV (stock as it came out of the box) big ddp sticks and a silver bullet... so I dont think that I lost any hp with that rail... I think (dont quote me) that I am the highest hp with a single silverbullet

Kevin

I have one on my 03 and when it was done i was running my 90hp injectors& SPS 66 from II , Edge Juice/Att , SMARTY, FASS 150/150 , with a Stage 3 CP3 injection pump also from II. After having the work done my truck actually idled smoother and quieter. I also noticed that acceleration became smoother and my rail pressure readings didn't fluctuate as much as before. As far as real Hp gain on a dyno I cant say but I have had mine for a year now without any problems and I wouldn't get rid of it for anything. You will hear some people talking of a "coating" that "needs" to be reapplied after this procedure and others will say that this "coating" does not exist. As far as this goes i don't want to open a bad bag of worms but this last summer when I was sent to 6.7 Cummins school this was something that they actually brought up in class. There IS a coating on ALL fuel system parts to help prevent corrosion and to help it resist the temps from the high pressures in the system. This coating is included on all metal fuel line and the fuel rail along with parts of the CP3. So yes there is a coating on the rail but can it be reapplied or not im not too sure about that. I am still waiting to hear back on that one and should have an answer at the next school. Sorry for the extra info, im not trying to jack the thread but I thought that this could be some partially relevant info. Hope this all helps you with your decision.

OH yeah,, as much as I can get out of a 4 an line... I should upgrade to a 6, but not yet,, we will see after the race season starts, and i get my twins all fabbed up.... then we might go extreme

Kevin

I have one on my 03 and when it was done i was running my 90hp injectors& SPS 66 from II , Edge Juice/Att , SMARTY, FASS 150/150 , with a Stage 3 CP3 injection pump also from II. After having the work done my truck actually idled smoother and quieter. I also noticed that acceleration became smoother and my rail pressure readings didn't fluctuate as much as before. As far as real Hp gain on a dyno I cant say but I have had mine for a year now without any problems and I wouldn't get rid of it for anything. You will hear some people talking of a "coating" that "needs" to be reapplied after this procedure and others will say that this "coating" does not exist. As far as this goes i don't want to open a bad bag of worms but this last summer when I was sent to 6.7 Cummins school this was something that they actually brought up in class. There IS a coating on ALL fuel system parts to help prevent corrosion and to help it resist the temps from the high pressures in the system. This coating is included on all metal fuel line and the fuel rail along with parts of the CP3. So yes there is a coating on the rail but can it be reapplied or not im not too sure about that. I am still waiting to hear back on that one and should have an answer at the next school. Sorry for the extra info, im not trying to jack the thread but I thought that this could be some partially relevant info. Hope this all helps you with your decision.

Im pretty sure the coatings are on the out side of the lines and rail.

does anyone know the specs on the modded rails like the diameters it is bored out to?

I can not give you facts.... but it appears your really needing some info.

The immediate gain is not there, but it is excellent support for big sticks and modded cp3's

Most recognized gain is the ability to maintain pressure. But then again, it depends on how modified the rail is. Too much rail can drop pressures, so be wise with what you do... more is not always better.

The real answer has to be based on the fuel available before it, and the hole in the buckets after. Then you might be able to confirm the gain.

I can not give you facts.... but it appears your really needing some info.

The immediate gain is not there, but it is excellent support for big sticks and modded cp3's

Most recognized gain is the ability to maintain pressure. But then again, it depends on how modified the rail is. Too much rail can drop pressures, so be wise with what you do... more is not always better.

The real answer has to be based on the fuel available before it, and the hole in the buckets after. Then you might be able to confirm the gain.

Well said.

Back