modded rail

Bump - want to know more about these modded rails, anyone running the wild rail from T&C diesel.

Bump - want to know more about these modded rails, anyone running the wild rail from T&C diesel.

I do. Todd@TC is a really nice guy. The subject is very controversial though. There are guys making tons of hp without using a modded rail that will tell you, you don't need it. Todd would be able to explain it's use and reasons behind it better than I can.

There are no real dyno comparisons, that I know of which makes it hard to say what it will or will not do. Mine has been on since a complete rebuild so I know no difference :)

Did it help with rail psi, what can you hold for rail psi, my psi drops then catches back up and holds at around 23k, are you still running the relief valve.

Did it help with rail psi, what can you hold for rail psi, my psi drops then catches back up and holds at around 23k, are you still running the relief valve.

yes I have the RV. 23K is a good place to be. It's all in the software you're running really. Different programs will yield different results.

With this new software I'm running, I've seen 26K. The mod won't help pressure... the CP3 does that. It just make the rail have more capacity.

What I could see it doing is helping decrease the initial drop in pressure when you go from cruising to WOT and before the pump catches up.

What I could see it doing is helping decrease the initial drop in pressure when you go from cruising to WOT and before the pump catches up.

Ya, a rail with more volume would help a ton I think.

What would be the gains in the upper Rpms? Say 3800-4000 Pulling down the track.

Back