Modified CP3

durbin

Alright guys I will be running my lbz in a 2.5" inducer class this year that stipulates a single cp3. I will be running an aftermarket true 2.5 turbo and am in the market for a modified cp3(I know my pistons will hate me:bang ) Anyway the only modified pumps I have found for the duramax are from Industrial Injection and Darkside Dieselworx. Just wondering what kind of flow gains and horsepower ratings they would be good for on good ole #2. Since the lbz pump has quite a bit higher rate of flow than the lb7 and lly's I just wanted to make sure it would be worth the money spent. Looking for vendors especially, but also anyone with any experience with them. Thanks.

floorit also has them also.

Strictly from reading, that Darkside pump seems impressive from internet reading but there isn't a lot of info. or discussion about them. What little bit there is, it's been good though. I hear more good for Floorit than for II. Just what I've gathered in my search. ;)

C-ya

just can't get much information or feedback on this topic can we? :(

I figured with as popular as pulling is and the number of trucks that will likely be pulling AND be limited to a single CP3, there would be some more interest in making a single CP3 flow some serious numbers. Maybe it just can't? I doubt that's the case though. It might not be easy to do it but I bet it can be done. Too bad we couldn't get away with adapting a CP3.4 to our trucks. :eek: That'd be a wild ride. :D

why not? the dam thing is baried.... and do out side apearnce look the same?

no, my understanding is that the CP3.4 is physcially larger in overall dimension. May not even fit in the valley???? I know on the cummins they have to have a new front case installed in order to run one. At least, that's my understanding anyways.

C-ya

Pull the one out of the valley and put the 3.4 on a belt. They don't say the cp3 pump has to be in the stock location do they?

The 3.4 is also oil lubed. I wish I could get ahold of one or a couple of them with out spending the big bux...

Bobo said:
Pull the one out of the valley and put the 3.4 on a belt. They don't say the cp3 pump has to be in the stock location do they?

any rule set that says "stock appearing" would shoot that all to hell. :redx:

SmokeShow said:
no, my understanding is that the CP3.4 is physcially larger in overall dimension. May not even fit in the valley???? I know on the cummins they have to have a new front case installed in order to run one. At least, that's my understanding anyways.

C-ya
You correct about it being bigger & would need a new front cover, but it would fit if some custom gears could be made. The pump on the B**** typeR sidewider rig is reversed cause that bigass intake takes room.

04llygmc said:
Doesn't Fleece performance make modofied cp3's?

to my knowledge, they haven't publicly said anything about modified CP3s. They do have modified fuel pressure regulators though.

SmokeShow said:
any rule set that says "stock appearing" would shoot that all to hell. :redx:

Well....it was worth a shot!:bang

Bobo said:
Well....it was worth a shot!:bang

yep, thanks for trying. I wasn't trying to be a smart ass.

Problem should be solved if we could run one of those and they really do put out 230% more fuel!! :rockwoot:

This is a bit off topic but I bet one of those big bastards could be better fitted to a dual CP3 setup as the second CP3 and leave a CP3.3 in the stock location??? I'm sure the electronics would need to be tweaked as would the pulleys in order to get the benefit from teh extra flow that thing makes. I'm pretty sure I've heard about a certain drag vehicle being built with TWO of those. :eek: wonder how they are gonna set that up???? Sure would be a LOAD of fuel to get burnt. :D

Last edited:
Back