Monster Pump Mike

Some new information has come to light about mike. After filing suit we have learned Mike is pending a very serious litigation in a wrongful death case. Mike machined a part that failed that resulted in a man's death and his wife was very seriously injured in the accident. This case has been on going since 2011 and he will be going to court this year for it.
Looks like you are diging yourself in a big hole

Any updates on this?

I was seriously looking at buying a used Stage 2 to boost my truck.. Now thinking I'm going to steer very clear..

Any alternatives besides ii for a high performance VP?

Last edited:
Any updates on this?

I was seriously looking at buying a used Stage 2 to boost my truck.. Now thinking I'm going to steer very clear..

Any alternatives besides ii for a high performance VP?

im currently running his stage 2 and tubes and 6x13 injectors... I was looking to ppump and may be in the market to sell my setup.

did you want just the pump?

also anybody running the stage 2 pump... have you gone with a dif injector or a bigger one. Kinda wanted to swap a set of 6x18 sac nozzles in. curious if anyone has done anything like this with good results?

Can these modified units go more than 24-25* timing advance? Honestly I don't know why guys just don't go with a 180 or 215 P7100 swap....Enough fuel for 1000-1250 hp at the wheels.

Can these modified units go more than 24-25* timing advance? Honestly I don't know why guys just don't go with a 180 or 215 P7100 swap....Enough fuel for 1000-1250 hp at the wheels.
Not really.....we do it for the challenge I suppose. ... 1000hp p pump is old news. ..you get near 1000 in a vp44. You are doing something

I see why a lot of people make the jump, but I like my VP truck. Runs great on the street. Load a tune, bolts slicks on, and run 11's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is what I know:

CHawk ran an 11.7x in a QCSB 4x4 will a full interior and tailgate on street tires in 2005. He had 2005 turbo and injector technology and an SOVP. In 10 years, air and injectors have come a long way, but the numbers have not gotten much better despite whatever presumed VP wizardry has taken place over the last 10 years. TS ran a 10.9x in 04 on a single, Scheid VP, and spray. The truck was a pig back then.

My point is, that one would think that there would have been ground breaking gains in the VP world if there was room for them to be made. I still have yet to see where this new wizardry has done much. One could attribute advances in the VP world over the last 10 years to better air and Injectors......

also anybody running the stage 2 pump... have you gone with a dif injector or a bigger one. Kinda wanted to swap a set of 6x18 sac nozzles in. curious if anyone has done anything like this with good results?

I ran a set of his 6x13s. Then threw in a set of 6x16s, made a bit more hp, and ran way better than his sticks. Less haze, all around ran better. His 6x13s are alright, but not quite as good as he thought they were...

Timbeaux, so you tell us about 1 or 2 freak trucks way back when running "old technology" and people now days not much past that.

What about guys with trucks like Fletcher's, Hellman, HVAC, etc? They were running low 10's and 9's in pretty much street legal trucks, and most guys 10 years later are still struggling to do it. Even with all this new stuff.

I ran a set of his 6x13s. Then threw in a set of 6x16s, made a bit more hp, and ran way better than his sticks. Less haze, all around ran better. His 6x13s are alright, but not quite as good as he thought they were...
Who's injectors dud you use?

Timbeaux, so you tell us about 1 or 2 freak trucks way back when running "old technology" and people now days not much past that.

What about guys with trucks like Fletcher's, Hellman, HVAC, etc? They were running low 10's and 9's in pretty much street legal trucks, and most guys 10 years later are still struggling to do it. Even with all this new stuff.

Chris's truck was FAR from a freak. It was a DD that had a set of ancient twins, F1 injectors, a tranny and a comp box- I don't think it even had ladder bars.

HVAC's truck didnt run 10's until it was P-Pumped IIRC, and Fletch and Joe both had 12'v's along with all of the fast guys in GA at the time.... not sure how they pertain to the convo about running 10's and 11's with a VP truck.

Guys that struggle to run 10's (with a 12v or CR) these days either live under rocks and cant figure out a decent combination or are trying to do it on a $3000 budget.

Show me a VP truck that is 6k lbs, has a decent transmission, a decent set of twins, injectors that work (read: there are plenty that don't) and a fueling/timing setup and you can run high 11's- you can probably spray it to high 10's. You may even spend some real money and be able to pop a 10 on fuel if you wanna take the time to make the suspension work and loose some weight.

Here is the point. It is not an insurmountable task to do it, nor is it ground breaking. I cant count the number of products that have hit the VP market that were heralded as "game changers" that still have yet to do anything that wasn't done 10 years ago.

I don't want anyone to think that im trying to diminish anyone's accomplishments. If running 11's was easy, everyone would be doing it.... I'm simply saying that the VP is a fine platform for a few things, but nobody has been able to make it do anything more than it did 10 years ago. If you feel happy with your Monster pump, I'm happy for you. I don't buy the hype, though.

I wasn't saying his truck was an insane build, I'm saying there are a few VP trucks that seem to run great with very little done to them.

I have to agree with Timbeaux. Though I did LOVE my vp trucks when they were sub 450hp trucks. They are a blast to drive and a great DD. I have never understood the quest people have for big power on them. It is upwards of $1500 for a performance vp. I did a 180 pump swap on my 01 for zero dollars. That was after selling all of the leftovers obviously.

Point being you can do a ppump swap for far less than a performance vp. Then you KNOW you have the capability to build big power and not play the guessing game on top of the Russian Roulette you're playing with many of the performance vps. My ppump 24v was substantially cleaner running than any of my vp trucks were and much more enjoyable to drive. My vp trucks always had a tendency to surge and buck in lower rpms.

Not hating on vps. I love them for a DD. Just do not understand why so many take on the losing battle at such a substantial price tag when we see it end in utter failure time and time again. The stainless truck set the record at the Purdue dyno day a couple of years ago for fuel only horsepower with a vp. It was far from the most powerful truck there if that tells you anything.

edit: I am not trying to insult anybody with my statement. I have nothing but respect for the fast vp trucks out there.

Last edited:
Back