Monster vp 44

thanks for the help. i dunno why everyone just turned on me

Did you even read what he said? Re-read it carefully.... He isn't helping.

You will find that this forum is not the shallow end of the pool, and when you come on here, you will not get sugarcoated answers. You came here and asked questions, and then you wanna argue with everyone that does not kiss your ass.... there are other forums for that............ the slow guys hang out on those boards.

Good luck in your quest, but if you are budget minded and really want 1000 HP, I suggest a p-pump or a common rail, because if it is possible, it will not be cheap.

k everyone i think you are all misunderstanding me im not trying to argue with all of you about your imput. what im trying to say is im not going for 1000 right now. and i know it would never happen with just bolt on parts. im not going to try and make 1000hp with the stuff i have now. I plan on upgrading to mikes injectors or maybe even bigger ones. alot bigger turbo's and i plan on rebuilding the whole motor. so dont think im one of those stupid people that throw a bunch of stuff on their truck and think im going to beat everyone. The reason why i got the monster pump now is because my stock one is going out and i didnt want to buy another stock one then in less then a year go and buy the monster pump. the reason for the turbo is because i got it for free and i figured it might help some.

Definitely no arguing that p pumping is the most cost effective way to make big power. It's just a fact. A big hairy fact.

The problem for myself as well as others that are competing is that you gotta follow class limits. There is a bunch out there that I could throw on to my 2.6 puller but then I am out of the class.

Getting your truck to the top of a particular class is going to be expensive whatever fueling system you have.

I am a little less than 200hp shy of the 1k mark, and I know full well that closing that gap is ultimately going to cost the most money. That being said, once the road is paved for making that amount of power with a VP I should have a nice bag of tricks to carry on to the next truck, which will be p pumped.

Noobs mouthing off to moderators,......probably not a good idead. Noobs going after a milestone goal,...... great idea. Everyone has the capability to bring innovation and new ideas to the sport, Sandman might not be the guy but there have been plenty of advancements brought about by going at it on your own, doing your own experimentation and finding out what doesn't work first hand.

Now for the guy thats on here that just wants to get his truck running in the 12's or 13's, there are tried and true methods that when provided to you by a knowledgable member of the forum should be taken as gospel, no need to reinvent the wheel.

the main reason why i want to do it on a VP44 is because no one has ever done it before. i know its not going to be easy and its going to cost ALOT of money but i belive it can be done. they said a VP would never get over 1khp but they did. So we will see. it might not be me that does it first but im going to give it my all.

I just love how 1000HP gets thrown around like everyone can make it. I heard somebody say "He made 1200HP" to which his friend said "So, it is a common rail" as if anyone could do it...... Ask anyone who has been there how easy it is.

I look at 1000hp as my holy grail, not a $20 hooker anyone can get..............actually I am late for my sacrifice to the 1000hp gods, damn goats are hard to catch.

But hey, what the hell do I know anyway???? I haven't been around powerful diesels very much to know better.

I thought i saw you ridding around TS last year on the Big Wheel. That thing have a hemi in it

I thought i saw you ridding around TS last year on the Big Wheel. That thing have a hemi in it

I had to make sure it was safe to ride... I'm the stuntman of the crew LOL

sorry to change the thread a little but what kind of numbers did the 6.7 vp44 do? that would still count as a vp truck going to a thousand right?

I just love how 1000HP gets thrown around like everyone can make it. I heard somebody say "He made 1200HP" to which his friend said "So, it is a common rail" as if anyone could do it...... Ask anyone who has been there how easy it is.

i know not everyone can make it to 1000hp. im saying i want to try and i belive it can be done. thats all.

this thread sucks!!! can we get back on topic of how to get a vp44 to 1000 hp instead of hearing you bich about misunderstandings!! :bang*bdh*

this thread sucks!!! can we get back on topic of how to get a vp44 to 1000 hp instead of hearing you bich about misunderstandings!! :bang*bdh*
Ok want the truth- take that VP and throw it in the weeds and look for a P-pump.:rockwoot:

Ok want the truth- take that VP and throw it in the weeds and look for a P-pump.:rockwoot:

That's littering!:hehe: The stock VP will not make 1000hp... then again a stock Ppump wont either!:doh: Now all we need is somebody with a brain and some cash and we'll have a powerful VP to swap in instead of another maxed out stocker.:bang
The key will be higher pressures and multiple events.$.02

Yes it does.

ok timbeaux, i know your know a lot about high performance diesels. so can we put our differnces aside and tell me how i can or the best possible way to maybe get the 1000hp mark after i get out of school. i know i wont do it with the set up i have right now. this truck will not be my daily driver anymore anyways so i can just tear into it.

upgrade the spring in your fass if your pulling it down to 12 or 13 lbs thats too low im sure someone can chime in on the part# for it, i run 1/2 braided lines and dont see anything under 23lbs, the sump in your tank will need to be upgraded as well, or put a fuel cell in it

I still run the stock pick up in the tank. Maybe I should change that for more power. LOL

It's ALIVE!!!!!

After an 8 month hibernation my VP beast back on the road. I got it together this weekend. We made a lot of positive changes, look forward for that 1060hp run to be smashed shortly.:Cheer:

It's running STRONG!

Back