Mopar reman injectors

I just had to put a set of injectors in my 06 and went the new route. I have ran remans, used, etc for the entire life of swapping injectors in the truck and had started to notice white smoke and longer cranking times to start the truck. As I was pulling out for a 750 mile trip to Illinois with my 40' gooseneck I cracked an injector and another one the solenoid stuck open. Good thing I was less than a mile from my house, that tow bill would have been more than a set of injectors.

You have to weigh your options, if you go reman and something happens, how much will the tow cost you? Do you use the truck as a tow rig or as a daily driver? Do you take it on out of state trips? I use mine as a tow rig and take it out of state mostly, so the cost of new vs reman is cheaper than one tow bill if something went bad with a reman.

It's my daily or suppose to be..it's in my fummins conversion..I only hve one injector that needs replaced but figured I'd just do them all..number 2 I'm guessing has a high return. I blocked off that injector at the rail and truck fired off quick..put it back in service and it cranked a while..I use it to pull, or will use it to pull my 38ft toy hauler that weighs in at 18k loaded up some pretty steep grades in the mountains.at 1100 bucks though I figure what the hell and they have a 2 year warranty..as long as I keep a close eye on things and keep my fuel filters changed, I run a Cat filer on my airdog, I'm hoping for the best..

On a side note any objections to installing my brand new 60hp tips from industrial on them before I Install for the first time?

Will the 60hp tips void the warranty on the injectors? That's something I would check into first. Just remember too that the warranty only covers the injectors and not engine damage from swapped nozzles,dirty install or a melted piston from a stuck injector. All things to keep in mind.

I get the whole money thing but how about replacing just that one for now and save up another grand or so and replace them all with new? I just have no faith in reman common rail injectors.

Will the 60hp tips void the warranty on the injectors? That's something I would check into first. Just remember too that the warranty only covers the injectors and not engine damage from swapped nozzles,dirty install or a melted piston from a stuck injector. All things to keep in mind.

Hey said I could pump gasoline in my rig and he'd replace them all..

I get the whole money thing but how about replacing just that one for now and save up another grand or so and replace them all with new? I just have no faith in reman common rail injectors.

I dunno just always heard if your going to replace them, replace them all

Wrong year..I need 03 pattern.thanks for keeping an eye out though it's appreciated

Bought injectors ..and in mean time I put my second battery back in my truck, I have not had a no start problem since..I believe my cp3 wasn't cranking fast enough..with the second battery, there's no laziness to the starter at all..the #2 injector still has a higher Balance rate so either way it will need replaced..I ordered 7 remans one to replace the #2 injector on the used set and an entire new set..I'll report back after new install.
As always thanks for all the input guys, makes this forum good to visit and get honest opinions.

Back