more mods

lukecline

Kansas Kid
Yep im at it again..... Finally got the truck running after 30+ days of down time. I did a bronco tank swap w/ a 5/8" pickup tube, 160 gph 15psi holley lift pump feeding 2 superduty pumps in parallel w/ 1 feeding each head (can you say no more fp problems!), also added a 71mm hybrid turbo (bean can tell you all the specifics) and last but not least went back to a 3" dp since the 3.5" was always hitting firewall.

Test run 1:

w/o a chip and it would bust the tires loose at anything under 30-35 mph, believe you me that got my attention quick! I was seeing about 32 psi max and NO smoke. The damn 3.5" dp was hitting the firewall so bad that you couldnt hear the ****ing radio and i couldnt make it any better (new turbo must sit just a hair different than h2) so i took the 3" out from under the bench and reinstalled it and fixed a boost leak that i disovered on 1st test run.

Test run 2:

Chip in dd setting and umm well no traction at 55 mph...... I had OD locked out following an X at 55-60 mph and when the opportunity arose i hammered down and passed them. Truck got a little squirrely so i had to back out of it, i thought i broke something since it had never done that at 55 mph before. about another mile down the road i pop an ic boot so i turn around and head back to the shop..... got back to where i passed the X at and holy **** there was 2 black marks for about 100 ft . Needless to say i havent tried any other chip setting yet. Basically the DD setting is like hitting the nitrous with the hybrid h2e. I saw a max of about 47 psi boost in the dd setting, with the h2 it was usually upper 30's. Heck i rarely saw 47 psi on nitrous with the h2e, this truck is a freakin animal! Next weekend Tony and I are going to get together and dyno tune this biotch, i think its time to turn down the dd setting a bit lol. Call me crazy but im hoping for 600+ on fuel and 700+ on one stage of spray. :rockwoot:

Sounds bad ass Luke....but I hate hearing about this stuff. LOL
My truck has been in my garage in Texas for almost 5 weeks while I'm in Illinois.....damn I miss that thing.

Too bad we are so far apart... I want a ride!!!!! One of these days I will get to play with more mods on mine.

LMAO Luke with that turbo that thing is going to be wild! I knew with what mine did with only hybrids and old tunes someone would take it to the next level.

275cc with 7 hole .012 edms

I cant believe how streetable this is, NO smoke unless i want it to and even when i hammer down in the dd setting it cleans up to just a haze. The turbo spools easier than the hybrid h2 and the boost comes up alot smoother aswell.

Last edited:
Is that Beans Dominator turbo or is this another turbo? I'm seriously considering that turbo instead of a SD takeoff.

Pat T. said:
Is that Beans Dominator turbo or is this another turbo? I'm seriously considering that turbo instead of a SD takeoff.

No, this is quite a bit larger and bolts to a hypermax h2e kit.

How much air is the turbo supposed to flow? How about some more details on the fuel system (something different than regulated return?)

Last edited:
Beautiful Luke!! Ya gotta love a vehicle that makes you sweat when driving it!

brnadon.

99Binder said:
How much air is the turbo supposed to flow? How about some more details on the fuel system (something different than regulated return?)

I was told 1350 cfm range, not sure what kinda lbs/min that works out to.

The fuel system is just a reg return with the big lift pump/ tank pick up tube and a stock superduty pump w/ 3/8" line feeding each head. I used a single aeromotive regulator with a 3/8" return back to the tank. I have yet to hook a fuel pressure gauge up and see what it is doing at wot, but it feels much stronger at 3000+ rpms now.

That's just hard core Luke. Great job.

You make me want to do a build like crazy right now.
*nx*

I'm all ears!! Is there a video camera going along??

brandon.

ended up putting 59x down with the bottle on, but i dont think the nitrous was working at all since there was just as much smoke on the nitrous runs. It put down 55x on #2 spinning the tires so on the runs i tried nitrous i had people in the back so i think thats how i gained teh 40 hp (stopped tire spin).n Stock tune put down 475

Edit- nitrous is not working, my dumbazz must have forgot to wire something up. I have video of most runs (made 16-17 runs) and somewhere i have a dyno sheet. Lots of 55x hp w/o anyone in back and several mid/high 590's. Planning on heading to the track early next month so maybe by then i'll get the nitrous working:ft: :snoop:

Last edited:
Back