motive gears?

I am going to run a set and see. I talked to a couple shops about them and they though that they hold up fine but just don't have the finish of some of the more expensive gears. We will see. Mine are still in the box.

I have a set of motive's in my 2.6 puller, had them rem polished they have been in there 2 years 30+ hooks a year still have good were pattern.

Running a set this year so I guess we will be all in the same boat

I want to switch to 5.13 gears but you either go all out or do it half ass and then spen more money to redo them. 5k to do a full drivetrain mod is a little out of my price range. I just cant justify that expense right now.

I want to switch to 5.13 gears but you either go all out or do it half ass and then spen more money to redo them. 5k to do a full drivetrain mod is a little out of my price range. I just cant justify that expense right now.

Dude I hope they are giving you a reach around with that screwing....

Dude I hope they are giving you a reach around with that screwing....

Right off of haisleys website.

Rear
1300$ for the dana 80 spool
1300$ for 37 spline axles
500$ for spicer 5.13 gears.
800$ for heavy duty driveshaft

Front
600$ for Detroit 35 spline
700$ for 35 spline axles
500$ for spicer 5.13
400$ for front drive shaft

Actually that looks like 6100$ to me. Yeah you could do with out the shafts but if you can afford the rest, whats another 1200$ I allready have the rear driveshaft. I could do a swap to 35 spline and run my rear axles i have but if i break them and want to upgrade, you have to spend the big bucks again for carriers and axles. This doesn't even include setup labor if a person dont know how to do it them selves.

Tim

Lynn in running them in his 2wd Joe. He had a set of 4.88's in there first and split a carrier which took out the R&P too. Now he has a set of 4.63's in there, still motive's.

I'm not sure what I'm gonna do for my front axle. It will either be Motive or Yukon. My used gears coming from Dale are Yukons...he thinks. LOL

Havent tried them yet but going to this year yukon 5:13's arent worth ****.

Rear

Front
700$ for 35 spline axles
500$ for spicer 5.13

Actually that looks like 6100$ to me. Yeah you could do with out the shafts but if you can afford the rest, whats another 1200$ I allready have the rear driveshaft. I could do a swap to 35 spline and run my rear axles i have but if i break them and want to upgrade, you have to spend the big bucks again for carriers and axles. This doesn't even include setup labor if a person dont know how to do it them selves.

Tim

you can get a spool from yukon for the d 80 for 600.00
dont run spicer gears and you can get the gears for less than half of that.
you can put a spacer in the front and wont have to change anyting other than the gears and you can do what 90% of people do and weld the front till you get the $$ for the fancy parts. i will guarentee you you can swap to a 5.13 for less than 3 grand if you do it your self.

Rear

Front
700$ for 35 spline axles
500$ for spicer 5.13

Tim

That is what I was looking for in your prices....

Here is what I was quoted from a guy on Pirate...These are Yukon parts...

$180 - Yukon 5.38
$130 - master install kit
$120 - 35 spline 60 full spool

$490 - Yukon 5.38
$220 - master install kit
$460 - 37 spline 80 full spool (I am using factory 37 spline shafts and trying to find a company that will make stronger units)

$1600.00

I can have a all new 1480 rear shaft made for well under 800 locally...

I may step up to air lockers cause Yukon/Randy's is guaranteeing (on Pirate) that they will pay for all broken parts if one fails (up to 2K$) and that includes diesel trucks...

They now have 38 spline axles and grizzly locker for the 11.5 rear...

Last edited:

Here is what I was quoted from a guy on Pirate...These are Yukon parts...

$180 - Yukon 5.38
$130 - master install kit

$490 - Yukon 5.38
$220 - master install kit
$460 - 37 spline 80 full spool (I am using factory 37 spline shafts and trying to find a company that will make stronger units)

$1600.00

I can have a all new 1480 rear shaft made for well under 800 locally...

I may step up to air lockers cause Yukon/Randy's is guaranteeing (on Pirate) that they will pay for all broken parts if one fails (up to 2K$) and that includes diesel trucks...

They now have 38 spline axles and grizzly locker for the 11.5 rear...

I got on Randy's site an found the spool for 600$ Thats a hell of a profit for Haisleys huh. LOL I had my 1480 rear shaft done locally at a semi shop for about 550$ total
I did not know you could put 5.13 gears on the front carrier if you run a ring spacer. I just put the powertrax in it monday night. It can be done cheaper but like some of these guys stated, the yukon gears dont seem to hold up as well and i dont know about you, im not a fan of setting ring and pinions up very often.

Tim

I

Look at the picture of randy's spool and compare it to the haisley spool. Personally I would go with about anything other than the randy's spool. There is hardly any support to keep the ring gear from deflecting from the pinion. The haisley spool is in the right direction, but it is a cast piece from what I can see. Anytime you cast things there can be voids in the casting.

How are you going to turn with a full spool in the front? The lockouts probably won't hold up.

Are you running a ford rear end to get the factory 37 in a D80?

I used haisley's 37 spline minispool in my stock LS carrier, that way i didnt have to set up bearings again, and i can always go back to LS if i want to.

I got on Randy's site an found the spool for 600$ Thats a hell of a profit for Haisleys huh. LOL I had my 1480 rear shaft done locally at a semi shop for about 550$ total
I did not know you could put 5.13 gears on the front carrier if you run a ring spacer. I just put the powertrax in it monday night. It can be done cheaper but like some of these guys stated, the yukon gears dont seem to hold up as well and i dont know about you, im not a fan of setting ring and pinions up very often.

Tim

I

I have thought about having the gears polished and then everything cryoed just to help that much more... There is a guy on Pirate that welded up and redrilled the 80HD to 8 lug and I may see if he can do mine cause I would like to be able to run 8 lug rear wheels cause there is no way possible to have a 10 lug adapter made for the front...The patterns overlap no matter how you try to do it...

I dont see my truck ever being done...

Z that is why I am thinking about going to a locker...And yes, it is the ford rearend (GM used them too), I bought it for 200 bucks out of a motorhome and got 7 19.5 wheels to go with it...If it dosent go in the pulling truck it will go under something...

I have thought about having the gears polished and then everything cryoed just to help that much more... There is a guy on Pirate that welded up and redrilled the 80HD to 8 lug and I may see if he can do mine cause I would like to be able to run 8 lug rear wheels cause there is no way possible to have a 10 lug adapter made for the front...The patterns overlap no matter how you try to do it...

I dont see my truck ever being done...

Z that is why I am thinking about going to a locker...And yes, it is the ford rearend (GM used them too), I bought it for 200 bucks out of a motorhome and got 7 19.5 wheels to go with it...If it dosent go in the pulling truck it will go under something...

Doesn't that make it not legal as it didn't come out of a 1 ton or less?

Doesn't that make it not legal as it didn't come out of a 1 ton or less?

I dont plan to run NADM...I can run Hillsboro Ohio with it and to me...That is all I care about...

If I get this new job with Rangerland/BAE I wont bother with the ford rear...I will just drop my truck and debit card at Woodruff's and let them take care of it..........:evil

Back