Motor mounts

You could run those inserts from energy or buy the prothane part# 4-510 which replace the factory bushings.

I have a set of factory dodge 2gen mounts brand new mopar parts, never installed.and a energy susp insert kit I'm not using . factory mounts aren't cheap. Twice as good as good as anything aftermarket. might be willing to sell or trade . I'm running prothanes to but kinda harsh on the street for DD.I'll postem in the right place, just thought someone here might be ints

I put the energy inserts in my existing mounts that were whooped. Truck hardly shakes on shutdown now. It used to dam near rattle your teeth out. And that was only with 121k on them

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I put the energy inserts in my existing mounts that were whooped. Truck hardly shakes on shutdown now. It used to dam near rattle your teeth out. And that was only with 121k on them

How hard were those to get in? I am probably going solid on mine soon as I think the motor torques over to much

I had to replace my left mount at 75k after the rubber went and somehow the mount jumped the cradle. I considered solid billet mounts, but was to the harmonics are not friendly so went back with factory unit. Wish I would have done inserts when I had them out since I replaced them with engine still in place.

0709152034.jpg

I made sure to chain both sides and insulate the chains and bolt them down with the mount bolt.

How hard were those to get in? I am probably going solid on mine soon as I think the motor torques over to much
Just pull one mount, and then slam them in with a bfh or a vice. I didn't have to trim mine at all

I haven't watched it while it's shut down now but it's a ton less than before. I haven't blown any boots and I've been hitting 75 psi daily for the past few weeks so that's a good sign I'd say. For the price and time it takes to put them in I'd say it's worth a shot

Good way to monitor flex is brake boost with the hood up and see how much wrap. You'll know real quick based on that how your mounts are.

Good way to monitor flex is brake boost with the hood up and see how much wrap. You'll know real quick based on that how your mounts are.

I know it's moving. Just wasn't sure if I could bandaid it. The mounts are in good shape, just think solid is where I need to go

I know it's moving. Just wasn't sure if I could bandaid it. The mounts are in good shape, just think solid is where I need to go

I've heard mixed if used as a daily driver!

Milliken and Carli both make nice solid mounts though.

Back