motorhome p7100....

Mort

so i picked up a p pump off a 230hp 5.9 cummins powered motor home, would this be a good swap for my 1995 truck? numbers on the pump are as follows

PES6P120A120RS7287
0 402 736 844

thanks in advance!

no one has any info on this? i dont want to waste time putting it on if its not worth it, i know its not an industrial pump so thats a bonus id think

I'm guessing its just a 160 pump base. meaning it uses the same cam as a 160. thats what most of the bus and freightliner ones are.

how would i find out the specs on it, ive searched the shizzle out of the numbers and not much came up. it would be odd for it to be close to a 160 pump when the engine it was on was a 230.

Post a picture of it but I have reason to suspect you have a P3000 pump, not a P7100. I could be wrong.

2013-01-04_17-01-53_44.jpg

tag

how did you know this?

There are 2 different "12"s in the top, one of those dictates a 12 mm plunger, i don't know which one it is, but since they are both 12... If it was a 10 or 11 it woulda have the corresponding diameter plunger.

And I am pretty sure it is a 7000 series pump. But the governor weights are massive. You will need 5.5 k gov springs to get it to 4 k rpm if it is anything like the 190 pumps.

I got a175hp pump on my truck so I guess I thought this being off a 230hp 5.9 motor home it would b a good swap for my pump. Did the motor homes have a bigger gov spring set up? Ud think it would b the same..

rqv? same as the current one on my truck? would it b an upgrade from my current 175 pump?

That pump is a p7100, rqvk gov. This pump is not an upgrade over your current pump unless it has a 913 pump cam in it. Going by the pump number it does not.

It does appear to be a 7100 but like others have said the cam is a concern. If its available for cheap and in good condition it would be ok to run while you have your current pump worked over. Definitely not an improvement over what you have, at best it may be equal.

Well that kinda sucks! I paid $350 for it and guy said it was on a running motor home that stuck a piston. Is there any parts in it worth swapping in to my 175 pump?

Clean it up and eBay it. Its easily worth $350 as a core, a bit more as a good replacement pump.

Back